Today was a great day! We were able to see Grandpa Melendez speak in Sacrament. His topic to speak on was: "What Grandparents need to teach their grandchildren to prepare them for the future." Since he is the grandfather of 16, he has given a lot of advice, counsel, words of encouragement and support and examples of life lessons to each of our kids.
Grandma helped him out with his talk by surveying each grandchild and asked them, "What has Grandpa taught you?" Here is what my children answered:
R.J.- He taught me how to play Baseball, Marbles and Chess. He helps me build up my vocabulary. He tells me to never procrastinate and to be a good example. Most importantly-Be a leader, not a follower!
Madison- He taught me how to forgive others, no matter how tempting it is to get mad!
Payton- Grandpa taught me how to eat ice-cream! He taught me the "Bag Trick" (a trick he taught me when I was her age! I love my Daddy) .
I feel so blessed my children have you as their Grampi!
I love you Dad, thanks for being The best Dad and Grandfather!
Love, Rachel


6 comments:
Okay...can we vote on how cute RJ looks in this picture? Your kids are almost as adorable as mine. Missed you today.
Al, Heard you were sick! Feeling better? You just could not go without me! Your kids are too cute.
No we missed YOU Sister Weenig.
Hey Bob...I'm going cold turkey off the diet coke and had a MASSIVE headached yesterday. I thought I might yell at my primary kids if I taught. I didn't want you to have to call me in to release me!
Yes, I can spell...I meant headache
Sweeps months means you come at any cost. The more attendance, the higher the budget, thus better activities for your kids.
Post a Comment