
Just a little side note- My Children do read this Blog!
Madison just lost her 12th tooth! It was ready to come out and hanging by a thread, but she had to wait till school to pull it out. Her teacher gives the students who loose their teeth a cute little treasure chest container to put them in for safe keeping. She had to have that treasure chest! R.J. made sure to tell her to wait to pull the tooth out when they were learning about the subject she hated, therefore she could go to the nurse's office for her tooth and miss the studying all together. No wonder most kids teeth "Fall Out" at school! So this brings me to my point- "How much does your Tooth Fairy pay your children?" or "How much did you get from the Tooth Fairy when you were younger?" Is my fairy getting ripped off? I remember getting a very shinny quarter and being very satisfied because I could buy two "Watermelon Jolly Ranchers", and have 5 cents left over. Boy, has the Tooth Fairy changed! Oh to be young again, I'd love to find a prize under my pillow when I woke up, but I'll skip the teeth pulling part!


6 comments:
I just asked Tino this question, because it's been so long since I have lost a tooth. He can't remember, but he thinks it's a couple bucks. (Tino has only lost 4 teeth so far . . . so he doesn't have a lot of experience with this).
I do remember when we were in the Dominican Republic on vacation "el ratoncito" gave him 20 pesos . . . equivalent to about $1.50 . . . enough to buy an ice-cream and help the rest of his teeth fall out.
P.S. In Latin American countries, "el ratoncito"/the little rat visits at night when a child loses a tooth.
OUr tooth fairy gives money according to how much funding her investors have in their wallets that given night. Keeps the kiddos guessing.
the tooth fairy does not leave "as much as the market can bare" it dependson how many houses she has to visit that night. Her sac of QUARTERS sometimes doesn't go very far. This is not a "we pay the baby sitter more so she only sits for us." come on little children we need to all share with the toothless children throughout the world.....
$1 a tooth, if the dentist pulls it's out and it's impressive, $2. Of course we've only lost 3 teeth in our house, all from Sol. My girls might die because they won't be six by the time they get out of kindergarten, and they will never get to write their name on the kindergarten tooth. What a disappointment.
I think the tooth fairy should pay THE PARENTS!! We deal with the whining and blood, we gave birth to the kids! It never made sense to me that we get presents for being born (which was not our choice and our mothers did all the work...I think I was pretty happy in my premortal life and probably would have liked to have stayed there!) and getting money because I lost a part of my body.
BTW...I just got a tooth pulled and it was very impressive, I am waiting for my $2 which will support my caffeine habit for another day.
Did Byron Pull it out?!
Post a Comment