Rockwell, R.J.'s sweet hamster passed away this morning. It was a good thing though. Rockwell was very old and struggling to move around. He was starting to get too fat to climb in his tubes and climb to the top of his cage. He couldn't see or hear any more. Even playing in his plastic run-around ball was not fun for him. We'd find him in the corner
asleep. These were Rockwell and R.J.'s last pictures together. We had a hunch it was time to start saying our goodbyes. My sweet boy loved his friend till the end and was glad he had these last few days with him to let him know how happy he made him. Rockwell will be missed!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
"R.I.P. Rockwell"
Posted by Hazen5 at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'm sorry R! At least you got these cute pictures before he passed away to have as great memories! I tried to call you (not your mom, not your dad, YOU) last night, but no one was home. Maybe if your mom reads this, she can have you call me after you get home from school. I have something to tell you that will make you pretty happy! I love you, bud!
Goodbye Hamster. I hope you get buried in the backyard with a little service tonight. Rob could practice his funeral techniques. Dead hamster, could you ask Rachel why there aren't any post mortem pictures? I think those would be more timely.
Here's a subject for my new blog...how come my family doesn't leave messages yet wonders why no one calls them back?
Celia...3 humans and 3 hampsters under my belt already.
Celia, you are Sick & Morbid! Well maybe I am, I actually thought about it. But, I didn't want to scare my child anymore than he already is!
I said the last comment, not Bears eat beets!
Live Hamster...dead Hamster he has a name and his name is/was Rockwell. I know how much you loved that little guy. R.J. you are so tender hearted I know having him gone is hard. Maybe he and Rozzie can play together Love you lots.
Rock on, Rockwell.
Rock Well
Rockwell.
I got in trouble from Grammy.
Celia- What did you do, what happened?
I called him Dead Hamster instead of his given name, Rockwell. Very insensitive of me.
Post a Comment