We just had the talk that I've had to give to all my children. I guess it's inevitable. Do they learn it at school or from other children? I know they did not learn this phrase at home. Have you ever tried to explain to a 4 year old (in 4 year old terms) why we do not say, "Oh my G_ _!"? I wish she could simply understand, "We shouldn't take the Lord's name in vain".
Payton's response was," Why can't I say that? I love God, I like to say his name!" Does every child go through this phase or just mine? I remember growing up and saying, "Oh my gosh!" in a very "Valley Girl" way, I guess it sounded a little too close to the other phrase and my parents would ask all wide eyed, "What did you just say?" "GOSH!!!!" The apple does not fall far from the tree, because I just said the same thing. I guess I should count my lucky stars, she could have said something far worse!
Thursday, September 6, 2007
"Oh my G_ _ !"
Posted by Hazen5 at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think I've gone back to the tried and tested mothod of saying,
Me: "You can't say God"
Children: "Why?"
Me: "Because it is disrespectful"
Children: "Why?"
Me: "Because if you believe in God, you don't say his name when you are angry. It is rude."
Children: "Why?"
Me: "Just don't say it."
Children: "Why?"
Me: "BECAUSE I SAID SO - DISCUSSION IS OVER!!!"
PS - I'm about to hit 16 weeks preggo in a couple of days. Amazing how by the time you reach your 4th pregnancy, your belly pops out like I'm 6 months!!
Your asking advice from someone whose daughter sang "Its a small a** world" after going on the ride at Disneyland for like 2 months.
I read your title and thought you just had a talk on why you send the kids outside to hunt easter eggs. I was a little shocked with "oh my G... WE just told the kids about....
I spent the past three days with Grandma great. I have changed her name to PopI As in the Sailor. Yes she has taken up the language.
Post a Comment