Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I Love Moving!"


Some may say I am crazy, but I love to move! We are never in a house for very long. I have come to figure out why- This is my form of "Spring Cleaning". When my house starts to get a little cluttery I say, "get the moving van ready, it's time to re-locate, I am ready to purge!!!" I have to admit I am sort of a Pack-Rat, I like to call it being very "sentimental". It drives Rob crazy! He's still trying to get rid of my very cute, shabby-chic Porch Swing that I bought 5 years ago at an antique shop and have never put up. But, some day I know I will. It's hard to let go of anything that was my children's: cribs, cradles, clothes, school work/projects, you name it! I always think, one day they may want it for their child. I know, I know, I think it is a sickness. And Yes, it's that time again! Circle the wagons, we are moving up the hill! Same everything though- School, Ward, Community. But for this move I will be better about "Letting GO", If I have not used it in a year- it's gone! See Rob, aren't you proud of me? Only one exception , the Porch Swing is coming with us!

7 comments:

Paige said...

Closing costs and property taxes are a very expensive way to Spring Clean. Maybe next year you can just hire a Spring Cleaning specialist? At least then you won't have to pack or box OR fight about the swing! Congrats on the new house!

Celia Fae said...

Often I take a look around my house and decide that it is time to move so I can get rid of stuff. I'm slightly jealous.

Unknown said...

Okay, you're moving? Since when did this happen?
In case you missed my blog, moving has been the very MAJOR part in my current life - it was huge change and such a hassle. So you're mentioning it so casually - are you really moving????? Where and what and who and why???

grammy said...

You stole my gunny sacs...don't thow them away !
I'm always in the market for wall trash. How about a trip to Utah ?

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

What's a gunny sac? Didn't we go to the Gunny Sac outlet to buy the girls new sunday dresses once? We gave back the trunk what else do you want?

Jenibelle said...

I still have a bench and a very cute plant holder, a treadmill and a large dog house from Rob & Rachel's "purging" I mean moving two moves ago.....(Love the plant shelf though, looks great in my back yard.) Byron says no to the dog I think I need.....

Ashley Clark said...

Where are you moving to? Please tell me you're not leaving California! or maybe if you want to leave, we could do a house swap. Your family of five could live in our noisy one bedroom downtown Seattle apartment where you'll surely get a break from that relentless sun. Let me know and I'll start packing!