Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Notes from the Baby-Sitter"

Don't you love coming home from a date to see a note the baby-sitter left on your counter for you? It usually says, "We were so good tonight, can we get a prize?!" or "So and So did this or So and So did that." Well, our babysitter is R.J. He does do a good job with his sisters. (Actually, I think Madison does most of the work.) At least they are still alive when we get home. The house is clean, dishes in dishwasher, kids asleep in bed. That's all that we expect out of a sitter. So far so good. Until last night. We got this note: "We are asleep in YOUR BED!" They looked so cute sleeping all together. R.J.- still in his Soccer Uniform (I guess he forgot the shower that I told him to take.) poor thing hanging half on and off the bed. Madison- Obviously the most comfortable of the bunch, taking up more than half the bed (takes after her Momma). I hope she could breath with all that hair covering her face. And Little Payton- I bet she was in heaven being able to sleep with her big sister and big brother. Looks like she pieced together different P.J.s to appease her "Ever-Changing Style". I guess I shouldn't complain, they looked so peaceful, there is evidence of bed time story reading and they were really asleep (with no T.V. on!!) and they did not wake up when we disposed each child into his or her right bed! You know what they say, "You never wake a sleeping baby!" Even if it is the Baby-Sitter! (Be sure to click on pictures, they are even better zoomed in!)






10 comments:

Paige said...

I am so excited to have a 10 year old some day! Your kids must be really nice to each other to survive a babysitting night. Amazing that they were asleep! That really is a cute blog. I like the note AND the picture. You are really getting good at this,even if you are rated G.

Celia Fae said...

You're not going to up your rating with cute posts like that.

Pretty much the sleeping thing would never happen at my house. You must be wonderful parents to have kids that get along AND clean up.

Hazen5 said...

"Live In" Baby-Sitters are the best! And CHEAP too! Just don't call CPS on us- R.J.'s almost 11 Years.

heidiram said...

You mean you have to be 11 years old to stay home alone? Oops, I must have misunderstood the rules. Usually I leave Sarah in charge of Mateo while I run to CVS to get milk or go pick Tino up from school. It's so much easier than having to load two kiddos in and out of carseats. Much more time effective. And time is money. Right??? And on the babysitting note, since you don't need Lauren anymore, mind sending her to FL???

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

I am pretty sure that Sarah watching Mateo isn't a grey area. That is a fasttrack to an appointment with CPS.

heidiram said...

I think I'm safe. As an educator in CA for 10+ years, we had issues with CPS getting involved in some serious cases. Unfortunately there were some cases where I thought the kids would actually die before CPS got their act together and got the kids out of their horrible home situations. With that being said, I really don't think CPS is going to make a cross-country trip to Florida. Now DCF on the other hand . . . might be another story. :0) But until then, I will continue to leave Sarah in charge. She's doing a terrific job.

Unknown said...

This is the time when I wished I lived closer because I have two boys who would love a male babysitter who is cool. Of course, he may convince them to grow out their hair, so maybe the distance is a good thing.

Jeff said...

Aww, thats so cute. And the ballerina story I saw, that R.J probably read and them all asleep, thats adorable! Scotty and I end up with one of us gasping for air on the ground and the other on the couch watching T.V. Haha

queenieweenie said...

The best part of the picture is that RJ's shorts are inside out! Maybe he attempted to shower and though, "ah, forget it".

Heather said...

I, for one, would be creeped out if our babysitters left that note for us. Stay out of my bed Addie Godfrey.