Yesterday was my sister Michele's and my first day to volunteer at the temple! The whole shift we spent "Training". We were able to go on a long tour of the whole temple. I can now tell you where all the emergency exits are in case of fire or disaster! It was so cool getting to see all the "behind the scene" aspects of the temple. Honestly the Temple holds a new kind of reverence for me. I am in total awe of my experience. The whole day was wonderful! One of the great parts of serving at the temple is that you are starving after your shift. So, you must go have lunch with your fellow volunteer friends. My friend Allison said, "Heavenly Father makes sure that "After Temple Lunch Calories" don't count because you have served so willingly!" I totally believe her and made sure to have dessert! Going to the temple so early in the morning made me a little nervous. I had to leave everything in Rob's hands. I have complete trust in him that everything will run smoothly but, I have control issues. I did leave a "Morning Check List", laid the kids clothes out the night before and made sure homework & reading log was checked, signed and ready to go! The only thing that got me worried was the girl's hair! As you can see from the picture, there are no bows, ribbons, clips or flowers in their hair! The Horror!!!! I'm sure Madison begged daddy to let her wear it straight! In the past she'd be wearing a baseball cap. At least Payton's hair was attempted! Rob told me he put it in a Pony-Tail, but it was too "Bumpy" for Payton's taste so they did it again and again. She even wanted to call mom to see if it was okay to wear a "Bumpy Pony-tail"! When I came home, everything was fine! Rob is wonderful and I am lucky to have him. He even told me to go take a nap because I got up soooo early! I think I am really going to like "Sacrificing" in the Temple (hehehe)!! Saturday, September 15, 2007
"I Love To See The Temple!"
Yesterday was my sister Michele's and my first day to volunteer at the temple! The whole shift we spent "Training". We were able to go on a long tour of the whole temple. I can now tell you where all the emergency exits are in case of fire or disaster! It was so cool getting to see all the "behind the scene" aspects of the temple. Honestly the Temple holds a new kind of reverence for me. I am in total awe of my experience. The whole day was wonderful! One of the great parts of serving at the temple is that you are starving after your shift. So, you must go have lunch with your fellow volunteer friends. My friend Allison said, "Heavenly Father makes sure that "After Temple Lunch Calories" don't count because you have served so willingly!" I totally believe her and made sure to have dessert! Going to the temple so early in the morning made me a little nervous. I had to leave everything in Rob's hands. I have complete trust in him that everything will run smoothly but, I have control issues. I did leave a "Morning Check List", laid the kids clothes out the night before and made sure homework & reading log was checked, signed and ready to go! The only thing that got me worried was the girl's hair! As you can see from the picture, there are no bows, ribbons, clips or flowers in their hair! The Horror!!!! I'm sure Madison begged daddy to let her wear it straight! In the past she'd be wearing a baseball cap. At least Payton's hair was attempted! Rob told me he put it in a Pony-Tail, but it was too "Bumpy" for Payton's taste so they did it again and again. She even wanted to call mom to see if it was okay to wear a "Bumpy Pony-tail"! When I came home, everything was fine! Rob is wonderful and I am lucky to have him. He even told me to go take a nap because I got up soooo early! I think I am really going to like "Sacrificing" in the Temple (hehehe)!! Posted by Hazen5 at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Ms. Tulip wants you to know this fact-
Beets have 2 e's.
Not ea.
Thank you ms. Tulip
I think your girls look pretty good - when Jer takes care of the boys they end up spending the day in their PJs. Or you want to talk about horrors - he lets them pick out their outfits and he just lets them walk out the door. That usually consists of Blake wearing jeans, his PJ top as a shirt, rainboots and 1 baseball batting glove on his right hand.
I would worry about the hair too. I might even have to make up an excuse to go to the school to check out the hair and re-touch it. I've been known to re-do hair while the girls are in the kindergarten line.
I know, I know, you are working in the childcare area where the kids wait while their parents are getting sealed. It's the perfect job for you. You can bring hair care products and make sure the little girls look terrific for their special day!
Doesn't Rob know where you keep the Aqua Net? Actually, they look pretty cute. It reminds me of beach days! I loved working with you Friday. BTW, I need another lesson in picture posing-nice lumpy, bumpy stomach of mine!!!
Wow. Their hair looks pretty awesome to me. But then of course, I'm used to Sarah's hair. Her hair looks like a rat's nest . . . even after I comb it and try to style it. She is the perfect poster child for that Johnson and Johnson tangles stuff. Do they still make that? I can't keep anything in her hair. She rips out hair accessories immediately. The girl always looks like she just got out of bed . . . except of course when Grandma comes. For some reason, she lets Grandma do her hair and it always looks so cute.
You always look beautiful Allison! I told you, "Just don't look at it!"
But I don't want anyone else to be able to look at it either!!!
Post a Comment