Friday, October 5, 2007

"Home Sweet Home"!!??


We are finally in! This move has taken over our lives. Can't life around me stop just for a little bit till I can catch up? No one is buying the "I just moved" excuse anymore, they say, "Oh wasn't that last week?" I was a much happier person in the pre-move phase (binging & purging). The post-move phase SUCKS!!! And no, I haven't given up on blogging! It's just taking much longer to get settled than I thought! Our Internet and computers are on the fritz and the "Geek Squad" is coming over to fix it (I wish we lived closer to Brad!). In the mean time I am left to do "MY Computer Stuff" on this rickety old lap top. You really don't know how dependant you are on something till it doesn't work any more. The kids were such a great help with the move.
We really put them to work. Little legs don't get as tired as big adult ones running up and down stairs. And you'd be surprised how much a four year old can do in a move! Payton was our official "Box Labler".My new house is filled to the gills with boxes that I don't have any desire to unpack. I just packed them up!!!! At least beds are all up, there's toilet paper in the bathrooms and we have cable T.V. working (I need to watch my "Grey's"). We are all content for now.
Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

What a beautiful house! Hang in there.

queenieweenie said...

Poor, poor Rachel!!! Moving sucks...it just does. Good news though....maybe I can help now that the allergy reason ran away. That's so sad! Love you to pieces.

Paige said...

Congrats on your big new house! It's OK to get behind on boxes, they will always be there, but if you skip blogging you just can't get that day back.

AnnEE said...

It's less fun commenting when i've been coerced to do so. HAL is sitting here with a really confused look on his face. I think he's confused because he wants to know why he hasn't met his California Cousins yet.

Celia Fae said...

Um, your house looks just like the one you left here. Maybe it is a sign you should skip unpacking the boxes and move back.

Hazen5 said...

Celia, I really do miss that old house and the people. You do know how to party sista!