Thursday, October 11, 2007

We were "WICKED"!!!

Madison and I spent "One Short Day in the Emerald City" last night! We went to see "Wicked" the musical with my sister Michele and her girls. We celebrated all their October birthdays at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood! Madison will be turning 9 years old on October 17th. She chose to get 4th row, center tickets to see "Wicked" than have a birthday party! I was ecstatic for her choice, I have been dying to see it. And what an adventure we had. L.A. was just like being in OZ (so many weirdos!) The drive down to L.A. took longer than we anticipated and there went our dinner plans. We ended up eating at "Sandy's Burgers" a Hamburger stand on Hollywood and Vine. This is Sandy herself! Sandy's only accepts cash, so she suggested we go to the ATM next door (a "Dance" Club with tinted windows! hmmm...) We found an alternate ATM. At least the hamburgers were worth it! The musical was all that we hoped it would be and more. I loved watching my "Mature" daughter's face during the play, she had such excitement in her eyes. She is growing up too fast. At least she still loved the idea of wearing her witch costume to look just like "Elphaba" (cousin Kate wore hers too and Cousin Emily wore her Dorothy). They stole the show, so many people told them how cute they were! I hope Madison will always remember this birthday and how much fun we had together! It was "MAGICAL"!!!

5 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

I've always known the Hazen girls knew how to have fun!

Celia Fae said...

A special treat! I loved the dress up and the show going. Just one question, where is your costume? Didn't they have a Glinda the Good Witch costume?

queenieweenie said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Happy Birthday Maddie. The Weenigs love you

Paige said...

No one mourns the wicked, but everyone is sad you didn't wear a costume too!

Hazen5 said...

Sorry, no costumes for this momma! I would have just blended in with all the other strange people, they would have thought it was my daily attire!