Sunday, October 7, 2007

"P.J. Church"

Don't you love stumbling out of bed and going to church in your Pajamas! We love General Conference Weekend. Rob always makes us the best breakfast, well make that Brunch! He goes all out- Pancakes with fresh berry toppings, whip-cream, Hot maple syrup or strawberry syrup (take your pick), Breakfast potatoes, eggs any style, bacon, Watermelon, Hot Cocoa or Fresh Orange Juice. And the kids favorite part is they get to eat in the Family Room while watching our beloved Prophet speak. We only pull out these old T.V. Trays twice a year for this "Special Occasion". To help the kids stay focused during Conference they each have a Conference Journal. Here they are able to jot down the words from the speaker that touch them in some way. Madison chose to draw sketches of the Apostles this session. Can You guess who this one is?! What ever works and keeps them quiet and listening! Rob and I were really surprised at how much of the conference we actually got to hear! Is this a sign they are growing up? Well, no matter how old they are, we will still have "P.J. Church" and Brunch Conference Weekend. I love this tradition!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Remember that this year I had Abbie play conference bingo with chocolate chips and by 11:15 she had a tummy ache because they kept saying Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost, Prophets and Prayer? She ate like 3 cups of chips.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Heather, Poor Abbie, the only thing missing from our breakfast was your Yummy syrup!!!

queenieweenie said...

Can I come over??? My Jenny Craig muffin didn't taste as good as your breakfast sounds.

Jeff said...

MMMM, P.J church sounds great!

Celia Fae said...

Did you find Zack yet? I'm worried about him.

Kudos to Rob and his b-fast. One year I forced my kids to sit down and watch at least one speaker, and then that speaker talked about porn. Nice.

Hazen5 said...

Celia, Still no sign of Zack! But, still a lot of tears. I think a new cat is the answer. Nothing like a baby Kitten to help heal the heart. It always comes down to the Porn, nice effort with the kids!

Nortorious said...

Our family does the conference boogie. Every time the Mo Tab sings, the kids must get up and dance.
New site for me:
http://nortorious.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Ha! Cool picture idea. At thing point I make my kids come in for all the primary songs the choir sings, and dance as lenore mentioned.