Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Reward, Lost Cat!!!"


Tragedy has struck the Hazen Family once again! Zack the Cat is lost! How do you console a little girl who just lost her best friend? He has been gone since Sunday and we hate thinking what might have happened to him. Madison goes to bed every night with Zack's blankie and his "LOST " poster and cries herself to sleep. We check the old house 10 times a day hoping he will hear us calling, we put up "Lost" Posters on every mail box from here to ten buck two, we leave food and water outside for him, but still no sign of Zack! You hear about stories of cats that travel 2000 miles to return to their old homes! We live not even one mile away- come on Zack, come home. We miss you, Madison is waiting! My heart is breaking for Madison, I feel so helpless. It is so hard to see your child so sad!

13 comments:

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Now I know how Angela felt when she lost Sprinkles. I never thought I would miss a cat.

The shelter where we adopted him from forced/sold us a chip in him. I called the company to see if they could tell me which street he was on or at least where the coyote den was located. They told me it was in case he was turned into a shelter then they could call me. My reply was why would they need a chip to call me when he has a collar with his name and number. I guess the chip doesn't work like a GPS device. It must violate the animals rights to privacy.

I will try to make Mads feel better by bringing home a ferrel cat from the barn.

AnnEE said...

That is so sad! However, please take note of the contrast of happy cat to the cat in the picture with Pay.

Heather said...

On the upside, looks like your Christmas list is pretty much taken care of. Come on down! Garbage!

Tell Maddie that when Wilma moved Scoop ran away for a couple of months and came back. (course he ran away again don't tell her that part.)

Jeff said...

That is realllly sad. I pray that you find that cat.:(

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Hey Rachel, you might want to X out the number more, if you look at the pic you can still see the number =/ Also in the R.J picture you can see the number on the collar. I dont know if you want that on the internet so just warning you.

Paige said...

Poor baby, how about a STUFFED cat? Take her to toys R Us and get her the most expensive cat until the real one comes home.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain - remember my dog's frolicking adventures when we moved here to Oregon? In our case, the missing posters worked because people started calling after the second day. I hope you have the same happy results that we did.

I have to laugh, though, because only a woman of style would describe a cat as "white with black highlights". Maybe when Zack comes back, he'll go for blond ones.

Hazen5 said...

Shannan, Rob was the one who made the "Lost Poster"! I love your comment. HAHAHA

Celia Fae said...

I know you feel stupid for having kitty love. We had a cat that died and I cried for a week. The only thing that made it better was getting a new one. Maybe you should go shopping.

Jenibelle said...

This is very sad. Rob and Rach you need to get new friends and family who understand the gravity of the situation and don't make humorous comments (see anne lee's and refer to said pictures). I am trying to suffer with Madison and all I can see is Payton!

Did we ever tell you about the time Pooh Kitty ran away at Grandma's and showed up 2 weeks later? The best part is Byron who left at 10:00pm from LA to drive to Modesto (6 hours) slept in the car with cans of tuna and scared the crap out of Grandma the next morning!!

Hazen5 said...

Jeni,Thanks for the heart felt concern! Madison is devasted! Only a "True Cat-lover" could understand.

Heather said...

Step off Jenibelle. Your friends and family deal with heartbreak and tragedy with humor.