Monday, October 15, 2007

Help, He's Growing up too Fast!!

The size of him at birth should have gave me some clue he was going to be a big one! Weighing in at 9 pounds 1 ounce he was no easy feat to push out! But, I did it with the help of the vacuum and forceps and 3 1/2 hours of pushing!

My first born is growing up way too fast!

First, you have his Height-
he's only 10 and measuring at Five feet 2 inches. When he gives me hugs they are not sweet, little boy hugs anymore, they are strong, tight, suck the air out of you-man hugs (and he still gives them freely, not caring who sees him at school!)


Next, His Feet are huge!

No more cheap kid shoes, we are now shopping in the Men's Department! He is stomping around in Men size 9.

(R.J. is wearing my shoe on the Left and I am wearing his shoe on the Right)

Lastly, here's the kicker, he came to me to talk in "Private" and asked me, "How do I tell a girl that I like her?!"In my mind I thought, "You don't, you are only supposed to "Like" your Momma until you get married!" We had a very nice conversation about "Liking" girls and how we are not to date till we are 16...Yada Yada Yada! I had very mixed feelings ranging from excitement (remembering my first crush), Compassion (Maybe she won't like him and hurt his tender heart) Fear (maybe she Will like him, he's way to young to be thinking about this!)

Is this only the beginning? I am so not looking forward to the teen years! I hope he can always come to me to talk or ask for advice. All I know is that no matter how tall he gets he will still be my baby!

6 comments:

Celia Fae said...

That RJ, he's going to be a heartbreaker! And the question about liking a girl, that would never happen at my house. You are a lucky mom.

Heather said...

I agree, you are lucky to have him want to open up and ask you about it. And good move on his part for not asking Rob for advice. The whole Julie Pounds thing in the 5th grade should be enough motivation.

Unknown said...

Wahhhhh!!!!!! (that is me crying in the background)

I'm not ready for my boys to grow up. I agree with you. At 10, their mamas should still be the only woman. Are we going to have issues with future girlfriend and daughters-in-law Rachael??

AnnEE said...

Rach, HE'S TOO CUTE!!! It makes my little heart break that he's not a baby anymore. He's a big boy. I love my RJ. Please let Thanksgiving get here QUICKLY so we can all play!

Paige said...

That is adorable, I'm obsessed with my little boy too. He's perfect. His sisters are not.

Where are we all having thanksgiving, Anne? My invite got lost, but all sisters will be there! Get excited!

Nortorious said...

I'm sending Celia's Claire over there for a few "man hugs."