Sometimes in a marriage you have to "Bite Your Tongue"! No matter how upset you feel- your spouse is more important than "Material Things"! Right?! Poor Rob, he tried so hard and did his best to make this move a "damage-free" one! But, no such luck. Our move from the Bay Area is a very sore subject for this very reason. But, we traveled over 500 miles then, something was bound to break in that moving van. Our new house- like I said, is up the street. The moving gods are always against us.
Rob said in his mind 300 times, "She's going to kill me, She's going to kill me, She's going to kill me!"
Actually this was not his fault. The mover (helper from Home Depot) pulled when he should have lifted. (Cheap IKEA furniture)
Shhhh! Don't tell, I'm really not that mad about this one. It hasn't been up on our wall in ages!
I am still in the process of surveying the damages. I am sure I'll find more items hiding as I go through the packed garage. I am really okay, he feels so bad about these items he has promised to replace them with interest! If only I could get the couch to "break", then it would all be worth it!




10 comments:
Rob is so awesome! If I had a promise from Doug to replace furniture with interest, I would probably have dropped some things on purpose and blamed him. :)
So our net loss is really one. I won't take the fall for the table that Macias the Lamanite broke and I didn't know that the picture wasn't on the "a" list.
I guess I won't tell until necessary the other casualties of the move. :)
Oh, you never know what other casualities you'll find this week. Hmmmm...this KitchenAid mixer is broken - need the professional version (okay that would be me).
My hand-me-down chairs broke - need some new leather ones. Too bad I'm the budget task master in our house, because I could find plenty of things from our move!
I will say that with our move from WA to OR, we didn't break one thing, but many things were "accidently" forgotten in WA by my husband, the container packer. I had to replace too many boring household items that are really no fun to buy anyway.
I have a present for Rob to make up for the items "damaged" in the move...no, it's not another meatball!
Hey it's 10:32...YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK!
When you say helper from Home Depot, can I say, "Los Mexicanos, party of uno??"
I hear you Shannan! You should see my boring list of much needed things for the house. How is your move going, are you completely in yet?
I was on hold!!! I don't think I'm going to give you your present now. How's the sun? In the eyes yet???
Hey, the dining room chair is nothing a little glue and a sharpie won't fix! Just don't let a big'un sit on it at dinner.
It sounds like your marriage survived the move. Next time you should recruit some ward members to help you carry. Like the EQ. They never break anything, oh no.
Post a Comment