Saturday, October 27, 2007

"This Big Fire is Not Going to Keep Us Down!"

The show must go on! We could not cancel our annual "Hazen Halloween~Costume Party". Rob and I dressed up as "Dunder Mifflin Warehouse Workers" from "The Office". Guess who picked out this years costume? This was the perfect time to party. After everyone being cooped up in their houses and No kids in school, we all needed an escape and outlet for all this built up energy. There was plenty of home-made Soups and Sweets to keep our bellies full, satisfied and happy. And plenty of friends in outrageous costumes to keep us laughing all night. We had a "Guitar Hero" contest for the inner "Rock Stars" and Karaoke for the "Closet Diva~ Lead Singers"! It was a perfect night to enjoy true family and friendships, and to realize this is what's really important! No fire, no matter how hard it tries, can take that away from us!

17 comments:

queenieweenie said...

great party...wish I was there. Oh...that's right I was! Too many allergy medications in one night for me to truly party. You're awesome!!!

queenieweenie said...

Just a request...could you change the nipple wallpaper? Everytime I check your blog I get a disturbing mental image of Rob's third nipple. Love you

AnnEE said...

I think it's cute. Oh, and you looked hot at your little party!

Celia Fae said...

I liked the milk and oreo the best. Clever and creative. I'm glad you carried on with the festivities, although the fire victims.....a little too soon?

Hazen5 said...

Celia, Us folks down in San Diego Laugh through our Tears!!!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

I was Roy and Rachel was Daryl from the warehouse.

Paige said...

Love the Elphaba.

Jenibelle said...

A soup party? Sounds fun! Where in the world did you get THAT idea? hahhaahaa. BTW...made enchilada soup today and truffles, irish cream ones!
mmmmmmm

queenieweenie said...

Time + Tragedy= Humor. NO? Maybe it was too soon, but we didn't have time to shop and its was super easy to get ready.

Jenibelle said...

a tiny taunt...tomato salad tomorrow for Rachel's birthday!

Hazen5 said...

Make Brown Rice and We are there! Give Rachel a Big Birthday Kiss and Hug from us!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Thank you for changing the nipple wallpaper. No matter how hard I tried, it was all I could think about every time I viewed your latest blog! :)

Hazen5 said...

Sorry Amy, I am a copy-cat!

Jenibelle said...

We would like to thank you for our Sunday activity, "match the couples at Rob and Rachels..."

PS I made rolls too.

Ashley Clark said...

Love, love, love the Dunder-Mifflin idea. And Anne's right--you do look hot! :)

D-dawg said...

Great party. I love Halloween parties. Yours looks like tons of fun. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I feel so good to hear of women who have gone through the same stuff! It helps me so thank you!!

brooke said...

That was a lot of fun. I think I OD'd on Maggie's rolls though! SO YUMMY!