Saturday, August 18, 2007

Do you hear that? It's called silence...well almost!


The kids just finished their first week of school! I actually saw Mothers doing the "Happy Dance" on their front porches after kissing their children goodbye on the first day! But, not this mom. I am soooooo sad summer is over. Long gone are the easy wake ups and fend for yourself breakfasts, the outfits that consist of nothing more than a bathing suit, Payton and Madison sleeping in (R.J. still waking up early), the chore chart and actually having time to complete chores (using, "We are not going to the beach till all chores are done!"), my honest, dark suntan (not one that comes from a bottle or tanning salon), Rob playing hookie from work because the weather is so good, the Fire& Ice BBQs at the beach, Free Family Films at Edwards Theater, Josie's pool, Family vacations, Eating anything (because when you are tan you don't look as fat!) and spending more time with family! Now that school has started the house is a lot more quiet, except for pretty Payton. She asks me everyday, "where am I going today, why can I not go to school too?, when is summer going to stop?, I want to go to my Pre-School class now (she starts in September), when are R.J. and Madison coming home?, can Summer come over to play?, can we go out to lunch with daddy?, can I go to Kate, Emily and Andrew's house?" (In her sweet Rain-Man way). I promise you, she does ask me these questions everyday probably 4 times a day. Well, school has started, I can't turn back the clock. I just bought a new calendar for the school year and it is literally already filled up with the kids activities. The inevitable scheduling has begun. But you know, this is exactly what I signed up for in being my kid's mom and Rob's wife. I wouldn't change a thing. I thrive on chaos!

4 comments:

AnnEE said...

I'm thinking that Pay would ask closer to 40 time a day. LOVE HER!! Now you need to post a picture of Payton, because I love her and am obsessed with her!! I'm so happy you're blogging now! Welcome to "Myspace for Mommies!!"

Heather said...

hello my name es heather and am addycted to bloggng. my letter eye doesn't work and ets very annoyng. welcome to the dark syde. Eye lke bloggen because et keeps me updated on everyones goengs and comengs. totally need to get the eye fxed so eye won't be doen eyebonexs.

Marisa said...

Rachel! I don't know if you remember me but I am Anne's friend. I love your blog and you look great! Love the tan. Anyway, I can't believe how old your kids are! They are so beautiful. Put more pictures of them up!

AnnEE said...

Heather's I on the keyboard isn't really broken- she's just a crap speller