Dr. Laura gives an example of when you do something that you don't really want to do at the moment it is called "making a sandwich". Well I am making a sandwich by blogging so hopefully Rachel will make a sandwich later on for me.
Instead of playing football, R.J. wanted to play futbol this year. At practice this week, he was jumping up to save a goal and he hit his thumb on the arch. (He did block the goal BTW). One of the mothers is an ER nurse and suggested we take him to the ER to get his hand checked out. We declined due to the lack of desire to spend the night at the ER and also, because he is playing soccer. Soccer players don't use their hands! He was fine and played in his first game Saturday.
After being 0-7 in his first season playing soccer and 0-13 last season playing football, it was nice to win 5-1. He has learned enough life lessons by losing dangit.
He may be a pretty good punter in football. After he kicked the ball, he would look around, give a little strut and pose for pictures like below. "Posh" er Rachel wasn't available for photos.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Bend it like Beckham!!!!
Posted by Hazen5 at 2:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can hear it now: "Dad, my hand hurts. It really hurts" Your response? "Shut up and write the letter"
So, if Rob is BLOGGING, does that mean that he's also READING the blogs of his sisters??? He has to stay up on our lives somehow, seeing as I haven't spoken with him since I BIRTHED A CHILD 12 days ago. (To your credit, you DID call me on Thursday night, but I didn't have my cell phone, but I HAVE called you back.) Welcome to the world of blogging, Rob. Welcome.
Yikes. Watch out for the mother who birthed the child. I birthed 3 but we're cool because you called me on Sunday. Neener, neener, neener Anne.
Alright sistas, now I'm startin to get a little bit jealous. So does it count that I birthed 3 children . . . maybe 27 months, 3 1/2 years, and almost 9 years repectively, but I birthed some children as well. Does that mean I get a phone call or at least that Rob will read and comment on my blog????? RJ is TOOOOOOO cute. Love that kid!
Does my mug show up?
yesitdoes!
Post a Comment