Payton has learned to tie her shoes! It was her goal to learn to tie her OWN shoes before she started her first year of school. Ever since she was a baby she has only worn flip-flops. She doesn't own any shoes with ties (by her own choice, I am not that lazy!) But, I have been putting off teaching Payton to tie her shoes. Enter Madison- she is the best big sister and helper to me! She
took it upon herself to teach her little sister to tie her OWN shoes. Unbeknownst to me she sat outside with Payton and patiently taught her the "Bunny-Ear" method of tying shoes. After Payton mastered it they surprised me with her newest talent! Notice the shoes she learned on...Soccer Cleats. Proof she doesn't own shoes with laces! I was so proud of both my girls. Proud of Payton because she did not give up until she
learned to tie those laces. And proud of Maddie for taking the initiative to teach her sister something new without being asked and most of all for being so loving to Payton. I am so glad they have each other. I know how much I love having sisters, I just want them to feel the same way!
Monday, July 28, 2008
"What She Learned From Her Big Sister!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 9:38 PM
Labels: Madison 08', Payton 08', Sisters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I love Maddie. And Scotty says that soccer cleats are the ONLY shoes worth tying.
When will you be here? I've tried calling all day!! I am saving some bow-tying for you!
That really is sweet. I love it when I find my kids doing stuff like that! What cute girls!! And Payton's piggy tails...darling!!
Pay will be ahead of the pack when she enters K in Sept! Way to go, Maddie!
How cute, what a patient Maddie and good job to Payton for not giving up. I need her to teach Maddie to teach Emma (it would have to be with her new soccer shoes as well).
I love it when my kids teach each other things. Makes me feel that I'm a good mom, just for doing nothing.
Your girls are DARLING!
is she available for rent? sammy STILL hasn't figured it out and hailey (or her mom for that matter) isn't known for her patience!
Well, maybe your Maddi can come teach my Mad to tie her shoes... She's in 2nd grade and still does not know how. She never wears shoes unless she is going to school because she is a Cali girl all the way. :)
Yea! my Dallin taught my Hyrum how to tie his shoes in the car on a trip to Idaho. Now that's a time filler!
Madison is such a big helper. Love the cleats. Soccer season must be around the corner.
That day I was supposed to be teaching Payton soccer. Then it turned into a different lesson after begging me to tie her shoes.
Yay for sisters. That is very sweet.
Do you think Maddie taught Mateo how to tie his shoelaces? He is DETERMINED I was the one that taught him the bunny ear thing . . . but I so did not. Maybe Alzheimer's really is setting in, but I think I would remember a monumental occasion such as teaching my kid to tie his own shoelaces.
Do you think Maddie taught Mateo how to tie his shoelaces? He is DETERMINED I was the one that taught him the bunny ear thing . . . but I so did not. Maybe Alzheimer's really is setting in, but I think I would remember a monumental occasion such as teaching my kid to tie his own shoelaces.
My sis Jan taught my kids to tie bunny ears. Yes and they STILL tie their shoes that way. That would be Heidi, Heather and Rob.
Let's hear it for the rabbit....
On Sunday our lesson was on "Rightous Traditions" does that qualify ?
Grammy you are right. Rob still does tie his shoes that way! R.J was shocked to find out there are other ways to tie your shoes. Yes, I think this does qualify as a righteous tradition (in our family at least)!
That is the CUTEST!!! Will she come teach my kids to tie shoes? You have the most darling family! Get used to me repeating that over and over. I love seeing your photos.
This is a great idea...it's never occured to me, though it should because my mom was always offering me rewards if I helped some sibling with something like this, when I was growing up. I need to try it!
That is so neat. What great girls you have.
I am going to have my older boys train our 5 year old! Thank you for the wonderful idea.
Post a Comment