Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Ballet and Tap Recital"

It's the end of Ballet and Tap for Madison and Payton! And we had the recital to prove it. We get the whole summer off. No more Driving to the dance academy 3 times a week. No more making sure the girls dance uniforms are washed and clean. No more looking for lost ballet shoes, tights or dance bags. No more perfect ballet buns in their hair! Taking the summer off is the perfect amount of time because after a while I do actually start to miss it. I love watching the girls progress in their talent and abilities. They are both becoming such beautiful dancers. Each year that goes by they learn and improve so much. It was great seeing the girls up on stage performing their individual dances. They have been practicing their routines since January, it was so good to see their hard work pay off. I think their favorite part of the whole recital is the Make-up! They sure do love getting their faces made up and wearing the bright red lipstick. My heart was filled with pride and joy for my sweet daughters as they danced across the stage! "So, You Think You Can Dance?" Here we come!!!! We've got two little stars who can't wait to shine.

17 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Wow...with her hair pulled back, Madison looks SO much like her daddy!

Wasn't it great to talk to our guys? Miss them.

Beach today?

Kim Walus said...

Your girls are beautiful!!!Such a fun part of childhood! I sure miss going to dance recitals and hope my daughter puts Kora in dance lessons in a few years. Kenna decided she was done with dancing after two years, now it's ALL about horses!

Annemarie said...

I can hardly wait for dance recitals!!!!!!!
Your girls are darling!!

Lisa-Marie said...

Your girls. Oh your darling girls! They are just too cute. I bet they did wonderful. Have any video?!?!?!

diane said...

I begged my daughter to dance, no luck. She's a jock. I was in your hood yesterday at SMH for sports. Last week we were at RBVHS. Which HS will your kids go to?

Ashley Clark said...

I love Pay-pay's "jazz hands!"

diane said...

For you guys, any day is pool day!

Bridget said...

Your girls are so cute. My daughter does dance too.Sometimes I feel sorry for her that she doesn't have a sister to do these things with but then I remember I don't want another kid so I get over it.

Judging by the picture of your son on the sidebar, I'd say he's going to be a real heartthrob too!

Lorena said...

They do look beautiful...but isn't it nice to take a break? Mine continue through the summer. And, I agree, the recital is the culmination of all YOUR hard work, too.

Jenibelle said...

I personally you should be able to take the summer off of everything, dancing, cooking, making beds.....

16 days!!

Audry said...

Cute girls. I am still bummed that Madisen's Jazz recital was the day I left for Europe. Glad you got to see your girls. :)

Michelle said...

So stinkin' cute! Look how beautiful those girls are? Such a cute family. You'll hear me say that over and over. It sure is nice to take a break for the summer, isn't it? We have the same sigh of relief! Just make sure you take your egg timer with you when you go to the beach! :)

Hazen5 said...

Michelle, I finally gave up that egg timer! (Okay, Rob made me)

Matt & Brooke said...

I can't wait for the dancing to come. I think I like dressing girls up just as much as they like it! Happy anniversay too :)

momala@grammy.com said...

You are both so beautiful. If you stop dance for the summer, will you also stop growing !

Grampi and Grandma said...

I wish I could have been there! But, I want to see the videos. I have the most beautiful grandaugthers!

Lauren in GA said...

I can understand what you mean about summer being a huge relief...but, for me...instead of looking for clean tights and costumes I am looking for clean cleats, shin guards and the like.

The girls look so beautiful. You have such a beautiful family. :)