Friday, July 11, 2008

"What a Waste!"

If you don't know what you are looking for, you could actually miss them! Only one with a keen, sharp eye and one who can recognize "THE" box from miles away. There it is on the very top shelf of the pantry in the plain brown box. Can you find them?

My beloved Sprinkles Cupcakes.

We got extra cupcakes in Beverly Hills when we went to Sprinkles for Rob's birthday. I am a bad Mommy and did not want to share, so tried to hide them and put them on the top shelf of the pantry. I hid them a little too well and forgot to eat them before I left out of town. When I remembered, my heart sank. I wouldn't be able to eat those heavenly cakes. I called Rob to tell him to enjoy them with R.J. because they would go bad before I returned home. When I came home I still found the box on the top shelf! How could he do that? How could he let them go to waste? I cried a little inside, I guess it served me right for being selfish in the first place and not sharing the sweet goodness with my children. For now on I will always promise to share with my kids, as hard as it may be!!!

22 comments:

queenieweenie said...

THAT is criminal!

AnnEE said...

Um, so would it be possible to bring some next time you come to UT, because I've never had one. Prove the hype, sista.

brooke said...

I feel so lame for not having had any of those special cupcakes yet! Looks like I have a MAJOR thing to add to my to-do list! I vow to not waste.

diane said...

That is tragic!

♥Shally said...

Never had the cupcakes... But when I lived in Nashville I got hooked on Tenessee t-cakes.

I didn't even have to hide them cuz I at the whole box before my kids could get to them!!!

Ashley Clark said...

How could you? How could he? This is such a sad story!

queenieweenie said...

i'm still crying inside.

anniversary trip to sprinkles???

Hazen5 said...

Allison, You are on!!!! I think We NEED to drown our sorrows in them, I am up for a dozen each.

shayla said...

That's so funny! I did the very same thing from my bday stash of sprinkles and Curt got soooo mad when he discovered the last red velvet 3 weeks later! I FEEL your pain!

shayla said...

...that's a very organized pantry, I might add. Wanna come tackle my cupboards???

Annemarie said...

I have to try those.

Kim Walus said...

I want some cupcakes!

I feel your pain and if I could I'd run right over and have a sprinkles party with you and your friends! Sounds delicious!

Yes, I will try to remember to bring jam with me. I might need a reminder if you can email me. You'll see my email on my blog.

BTW, where are you staying when you go to Brentwood for the wedding? I need to find a place. I could stay with my friend in Fremont but I'd like to be closer if I can. She was going to drive me up there on Friday. Anyway, email be if you have a chance. Are you flying or driving? Thanks!

Christie said...

Next time, just eat them all right when you have them. Hide in that little pantry of yours and go to town.

Share Sprinkles with kids? Never. Hostess for them, Sprinkles for you.

Audry said...

They are great cupcakes. I don't know if I would share them with my kids. And I know for a fact that if I called my husband to enjoy the cupcakes there would be only crumbs left.

Erin said...

I totally hoard food, too. :)

Michele said...

You crack me up! I was laughing so hard. I think I would have found them. I am one with a keen eye. Guess where I am going to be looking every time I come to your house.

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

You and Rob have a serious issue about being able to share. He admitted to hiding my cookies in the microwave so the kids wouldn't find them. But I am not any better because instead of sharing my red velvets, I get them the cinnamon sugar ones and convince they are so much better than mommy's! Yeah, right. Cinnamon and sugar doesn't stand a chance against chocolate and cream cheese frosting!

Jenibelle said...

Went there today, I am now $24.00 poorer. I liked the banana ones and the red velvet frosting is yummy. I'll get back to you on the other flavors! (No lemon coconut today...)
And they are getting CHERRY next week, maybe you need to stop by on your way north......

Ilene said...

Blasphemous.

No cupcake should ever go to waste. Next time call a girlfriend up to rescue the cupcakes.

amanda said...

i am DYING laughing right now!!!! last week i ate 6 in one day...i couldn't stop myself, i have a problem! xo mo

Lauren in GA said...

That is a tragedy! I am so sorry for your loss of deliciousness.