Sunday, June 29, 2008

"School's Out For Summer!"

Last Day of School...the kids finally made it through the year! They had a great year and worked really hard. At the awards assembly their hard work paid off. They each received awards. Madison got her medal for accelerated reading, and an award for math too! R.J. received honor roll, "P.E. Student of the Year" award, the "Safety-Patrol" award and the Principal's Award. It was so fun spending the last day of school with the kids. I was able to help plan and organize their end of the year party. (Their classes combined with one another) We went to a near by park and played baseball, water-games and had a B-B-Q. The party was a hit. Later that night, for a kick off to summer we and six other families went to the drive-in movies. I didn't know they still had those around! The kids didn't even know what we were talking about when we told them we were going to see Kung-Fu Panda at one. Let's just say there was a lot more mingling and visiting than movie watching. And there was treats galore shared by all. I couldn't believe not one of my children fell asleep watching the show! They must have been having too much fun. What a way to start the summer. Now we all have 3 whole months to recover from school. I am so glad to be saying goodbye to homework, deadlines, schedules, waking up to the alarm, volunteering every week, being Room-Mom, money for field trips and other activities, car-pool, tests, studying and no free time! I can't wait. If you need me for anything school related, I'll get back to you when I can. But, if it's an emergency: you can find me at the beach!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Where is the drive in movie?? That looked like so much fun...we want to take the kiddos to kung fu panda. Was it funny?

Annemarie said...

My kids have been out for a month now, and you know what?..it's been a lot of fun! We don't even have a beach to go to...

Michele said...

I love the photo of your family at the drive in. Check out Andrew. He is looking at you all thinking, "Why am I not in the family photo." He loves you all so much.
Looking forward to more summer fun.

DPound said...

Wow, it seems like their school gets out late- Karston is a little over half way done already. Looks like you guys are going to have a fun break anyway :)

queenieweenie said...

Party Time...

Hazen5 said...

Darsi, My kids got out of school on June 11th. I am just so far behind on my blogging! But, I have to include everything for my journal.

♥Shally said...

What time is it???

SUMMA TIME!

That song is always stuck in my head...

Matt & Brooke said...

That first pic brings back so many memories of the last day of school.....the best feeling EVER!!! Here's to a fun summer!

Sarah said...

So cute, so FUN! Where is the drive in? I know there was one on Oceanside but it's closed now. Did you go all the way to El Cajon??? Wow, that's hard core SUMMER!

Tristan said...

I miss the drive in movies! How fun is that?!? Yay for summer!

Tari said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while and I just wanted to let you know what a great mom I think you are.
What a great last day of school for your kids, that sounds like a fun time for all.
Your family is so cute.

Hazen5 said...

Sarah, We went to the Drive-In in South Bay. I think I almost saw the border! El Cajon would have been closer.

Lauren in GA said...

You deserve a long, fun summer! Being Room Mom had to be such hard work!!