Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Promotion Check-List!"

(I am a little behind with my blogging, so please bear with me while I catch up!)

Summer is almost here and my first born chick is flying the Elementary School Coop! He is being "Promoted" to Middle School (we don't call it graduation here, it's called Promotion). I didn't realize what a big deal this was and I have been really busy the last week! Here was my check list. Leading up to the big day!


Promotion Check-List

1. Buy the perfect outfit- Check

It ended up being very expensive due to having to buy it in the men's section at Sun Diego, not the boys, he's getting too big too fast. And oh no, he couldn't wear his dirty everyday shoes with his new outfit,
he HAD to get new Vans as well!

2. Write Speech- Check

He was chosen to give a speech at the Promotion.
I think I am more nervous than he is!


3. Attend Promotion Party- Check

He went to his first real boy-girl party! Too bad I was there pretty much the whole time cramping his style. (They had a "Candy-Bar" there with every kind of sweet you could think of, I wasn't going anywhere!) The D.J. called him up to the front and announced to everyone that 6 girls requested the song, "No Air" by Jordan Sparks, for him. He just about died of embarrassment! You better watch out girls, this mom has got her eye on you!
4. Finish last Project for 5th Grade- Check

He completed the "Expert Fair" project on Baseball. And I am proud to say he researched it, wrote it and typed it out on the computer all by himself. (I was so done with home work two weeks ago.) I can now honestly say,
"He is ready for Middle School!"

Good job baby! But, I just have one question for all you Veteran Middle School Moms, "Does it get any easier?"

22 comments:

diane said...

Easier?! Giggle, giggle.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Lose another sweatshirt as shown in final picture-Check

Lorena said...

Love the Y sweatshirt!

Tee-Hee on the song request.

Now I'm scared for my kids. They start 3rd grade this year. Is it possible to pause time?

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Oh my gosh he is the total ladies man!!!!! What a busy end of school for you! I am so scared just realizing all this is around the corner....how old are we?!

queenieweenie said...

At least he wasn't a girl that you had to buy TWO complete outfits for so she could fret all month about which one to wear! Oh yeah...that was the joy of MY promotion!

I'm cracking up at the "No Air". Just prepare RJ for the fact that I'll probably sing that song everytime I see him now!

Beach today???

weeze or Alissa said...

Oh the middle school...the school supplies alone are the YIKES factor...not to mention the new duds they need. I got off real easy with my oldest Dallin, he's pretty much in the I need to be cool, but does it in a very cost effective way, like not having to have all the crap! He still wants a cell phone but that's a no...he just doesn't need it...it's more of a thing than necessity...and shawn's work pays for his and mine is pract. free and I got such a deal with mine, I can't add anyone to the plan. Well, just you wait for the middle school. And I love the Promotion idea...kinda funny.

Ashley Clark said...

The whole time I was reading, I thought you were my mom (being all involved) and that RJ was Austin (being the baseball fanatic). :0)

brooke said...

I am so impressed with RJ! He is just amazing. I have no doubt that that should reflect on the parents as well. Go Rachel!

Jenibelle said...

Nope....it gets no easier. But I will be there, holding your hand, bawling with you when the boys graduate from high school. Then they can be roommates at BYU, go on missions together...be in each others weddings...we have a life time of bliss with our boys!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Yes, lose the Y sweat-shirt, please.

Bridget said...

What a good looking kid he is. I love the idea of a "promotion." That cracks me up. Middle school is a scary concept to me. I try not to think about it.

Jessica said...

How neat for a parent to have such a great child. Your family is so cute.

Annemarie said...

What a cute kid! I have two more years before I have two graduating from elementary school...

AnnEE said...

I DON'T know how I feel about girl's dedicating "No Air" to RJ. I heard it at the gym today, and it made me feel uncomfortable, because he's still little, and innocent, and little and innocent, and STILL A FLIPPING BABY, right?? RIGHT????

Love you guys! I wish we were there for the festivities!

amanda said...

i am gonna cry, they grow up too fast! he is gonna be a heartbreaker...and LOVE the "candybar"!!! when are we going to sprinkles?

Michele said...

Love the sweatshirt! He is such a big boy. It is fun for Kate and Emily to have such a popular older cousin at school. They will miss him next year. Who will be Emily's big buddy?
Congrats R.J.!

Lauren in GA said...

RJ is such an amazing young man. And so handsome!

I love the, "candy bar" idea AND that you were there the whole time!

I have no advice if it gets any easier because my oldest goes to middle school next year, too. Yipe.

Carrie said...

Ahhh so sad he's growin' up and the girls are starting to come around. I love that song No Air...it reminded me of this dance that I LOVED on So You Think You Can Dance. Did you see it?? Here's the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SkF3CBEXXLo

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Middle school! Are you guys that old to have a kid in middle school! I guess we are just late starters. Lily starts kindergarten this year. Man he is a cute kid!

Kim Walus said...

Handsome young man! You're in big trouble and will have to monitor the phone for those pesky girls that will be calling him if they haven't started already!

It looks like you had a blast in Brentwood last weekend. I almost felt like I was there myself with all the great pictures Jeni posted.

Tristan said...

He is a really good looking kid! He's gonna break a few hearts in Middle School!

DPound said...

Hi Rachel! I added your link to my site too. Your family is so cute and I love your blog design. Where are you guys living now? My little family is doing good. We are counting the days for Mike to be done with school and to move into a bigger place (we are currently in a 1 bed 1 bath home...eeek!)!