Friday, June 6, 2008

"Track Meet"

R.J. made the 5th grade team for the San Marcos School District wide Track meet. Over 11 elementary schools participate and all the 3-5 grade students tryout in P.E. It's what all the kids look forward to at the end of the year. They held the track meet at a local high school and the bleachers are with participants, family, friends and teachers. It's a pretty big deal. It was neat to see the "Sea of Black and Gold" school t-shirts worn by all the fellow school supporters. It was R.J.'s third year competing in it. 3rd grade he ran the relay, 4th and 5th he was chosen to compete in the softball throw. He was so happy to be able to participate in the track meet his last year of school before he heads off to middle school. We were so proud to watch him compete and to do his best to represent his school. Even if he didn't come in first place, he is still a winner in our book! Go R.J.!!!! Is this a glimps into our future? Is this just the begining of a track star? You must have gotten this talent from your dad, because everyone knows this momma's slow!!

10 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Okay...you look totally HOT and SKINNY in that picture!

Oh...and yeah RJ! It was fun to watch you throw...you're a stud.

brooke said...

LOL...the music almost made me cry as I'm reading your post. I'm such a softie! RJ is quite well-rounded. Good job at the meet!!

Lauren said...

you are SKINNY!!!
and i just love RJ. He is growing up to be such a stud. I miss you guys, can't wait to see you next weekend!

Michele said...

I agree, you look HOT! R.J is growing up way to fast. I can't believe he'll be attending Middle School in the fall. Next thing you know he'll be dating and driving.

AnnEE said...

This didn't show on reader....google....hmmm.

Love RJ. He's hitting the tall and lanky stage. So cute!

Tristan said...

Next up, the Olympics!!

I agree, you look awesome!

Lauren in GA said...

I know I always say this but, Man! RJ is one amazing young man! He is so handsome, too! I know the girls are going to flip for him in middle school...what am I saying?...I am sure they probably already are!

Carrie said...

What a fun day!! Way to go R.J.!

Kim Walus said...

What perfect music for this post and I love the pictures too!
Remember to CHERISH every single moment because now that I'm on the other side with adult children it feels like we RACED through it and I want to go back and relive some of these kinds of special times!! Although now I get to do it with my grandkids and I sure love that!

You have a great family and I really enjoyed meeting you and hanging out with you and Jeni.

I'm making plans to come to Lauren's wedding and look forward to meeting the rest of your family.

Have a great week!!

Heather said...

didn't show up on my reader either...

ditto...you are hot....

Run RJ Run!!