At the end of the school year San Elijo always has their annual "Mother-Son Soft Ball Game". And this year was no different. When R.J. was younger we played on the same tea
m and we played against other moms and sons. Our team always won and R.J. would be so proud of his mommy. Since R.J. has gotten older things have changed. It is now us against them...THE SONS VS. THE MOMS!!!! And it isn't pretty. Last year the MOMS WON. R.J. was not happy. Seriously, not happy. He vowed never to let that happen again. One year later we went back on that field. Things have changed...he got
faster, I got slower, He threw farther, I had no arm, He hit harder, I hit the same (I really wasn't all that bad, but compared to him, I had no chance!) We got creamed 8-21!!! They even gave us 5 outs, We even cheated and said we were safe when clearly we weren't,
we got extra pitches, I even sat on R.J. at third base to keep him from running home and scoring! It was pitiful and painful to admit our sons have passed us by. R.J. was still proud of me though, he
said I was the best mom out there. He was impressed that I almost got a home run, But I ended up getting out at home plate. See, I said those boys threw farther than before (Okay, I am slower too). It was a very humbling yet happy moment.
It is just the circle of life, I was taking care of him during our first games together, I was the one encouraging him to swing at the ball. Now it's the other way around, he's the one encouraging me, and I love it!
Monday, June 23, 2008
"Batter-Up!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
I love the picture of you sitting on RJ. Haha!
You're such a cool mom!!!
love it!!
I can't wait until I get to do something like that although I think my sons may cream me now!
I'll have to remember the "sitting on son" technique though.
you are a great mom. your kids seem so happy!
Look at you go! That is so cool and so fun!
I love that you sat on him!! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!
I love that he is proud of you, too :)
I have no doubt that you were the best mom out there :D
That sounds like so much FUN. My son is WAY competitive, it could get ugly...;)
Wow, swing it sexy momma! You are so fun with all your daily tunes! Where do you get the time to be super mom?!!!!!!
The first picture is SO PRETTY of you! Seriously, you are the BEST poser in the whole entire world, but that picture is FABULOUS!
I sit on my boys just for fun.
Rachel you are toooooo cute!! I love the last picture of you and R.J. What a special bond you have with your son! That looks like a lot of fun!
I could take that wannabe...I watch the Giants, I know how it's done.
I could take that wannabe...I watch the Giants, I know how it's done.
You may have to start sitting on R.J daily to keep him from getting so tall....your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom (and Dad)
R.J. is passing everyone up. He is so big. Little Buddy looks up to him. He is such a good boy. Handsome too!
I met Darsi down in San Jose. We lived in the same apartment village, so we were in the same ward. We are good friends with them! Her and I were pregnant at the same time so that was fun. We still keep in touch even though I moved up to the East Bay.
Tristan, Darsi was one of my Young Women from my old ward in the bay area. I knew her before she got married, we just love her! What a small world.
How fun! What a great idea! Love all of the pictures, you look so pretty!
Post a Comment