Right after the second baby blessing our Chapel went to total darkness. Literally, after the proud papa said amen, the lights went out. The congregation was stunned. There were a few oooohhhhs & aaaahhhhs, babies whimpering but, mostly confusion. We were then informed to remain calm and reverent while they figured out the problem. With the help of our talented Organist, we sang some hymns by cell phone light! The problem: Burnt Fuses. The Bishopric then decided for us to partake of the Sacrament (the most important reason why we come to church anyways) and call it a day! Good thing it was dark and no one saw my son pump his fist in the air (don't worry, we had a nice little talk about)! This is the second time our ward has taken the Sacrament and been excused early. The first time was due to Bathroom plumbing problems. I am starting to think maybe we need a new building, this one's getting too old and tired. Or maybe our ward is too Righteous to go all three hours! I am only kidding, seriously!!!! I just wish I started my De-lay start on my oven a lot earlier. Our Roast will not be done yet, and it's Fast Sunday!!! I guess there's always down side to everything.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
"Black-Out!!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 2:35 PM
Labels: Bishop Hazen, Church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
That is SWEET! We had an inch of snow yesterday and we were hoping we would get "snowed in." No such luck though. Church went the full 3 hours...
The only time I have been to a sacrament only ward was on my mission during the members were having a viewing for a funeral. They wheeled the body into the hall, we had our sacrament, and then wheeled el hermano back again. Wierd.
We should just make it a habit to break the fuses maybe oh...once a month on fast Sunday?! Just kidding--I wasn't even there to enjoy the excitement! Sometimes it's nice though to remember why we're there and to make it short, simple, and sweet! Oh, ooops---I mean, Bishop, we LOOOOVE all three hours! And, Rach, I'm sure RJ wasn't the only kid alone in celebrating the 'early out!'
Yea...my "kid" Matt said really loud, "I hope this means we get to go home!" Nice.
Brian was soooo bummed too because the stew he put in the crock pot was not going to be done for another 3 hours. He conveniently forgot it was fast Sunday and started eating the Starbursts he brought for his class...just kidding, I think he really forgot!
It was the most reverent that our ward has ever been. The kids were either asleep or silently praying that church would end.
Why doesn't anything like that ever happen to us? Once the ac broke and they made us continue. I wish we had a cool bishopric like yours.
Don Pascal was Santa. You are goood.
Ahhhh our power went out today too! And they DID NOT cancel church. Bummer
In defense of RJ, I am sure that there were plenty of ADULTS pumping their fists, silently in their heads...of course not myself nor my husband! We, too, had the crock pot dilemma and still had to wait 3 hours to eat anyway! At least the Dr. Pepper is always on tap and cold at our house, so no waiting for that!
Yep, we heard all about it but missed it due to sickness! I said the same thing to Mike that you were saying- that our building must be falling apart with plumbing and electrical issues- so random!
Our church has been cut short twice in the last year due to plumbing problems. I guess it tends to be a health issue when raw sewage is floating down the hallways. And both times we weren't even there to enjoy the shortened meetings. Big bummer.
That's exactly what happened in our building, Raw sewage in the hall is a deal breaker!
Bishop Hazen I would be happy to come and give a talk on Hep A also from not washing your hands after the bathroom trip. I'm glad that you had to have your Hepetitas shots before going on a mission.
I have some chicken soup in the freezer to send when you are down with the flu. I will also give the kids a Menengitis shot. You go to sleep with flu symptoms and don't wake up....
Post a Comment