Sunday, December 23, 2007

"The Nutcracker Ballet and Children's Choir 2007"

This is the third year Madison has performed in the Nutcracker Ballet. First year she was a Sentry, then a Soldier and now she is a Calvary Horseman. Aunt Laura (my sister) is in it too as Mrs. Claus (we have a very talented Family). Madison dances in the Battle Scene and protects Clara against the Rat King and his evil followers. To see Madison dancing on the stage brings tears to my eyes (you know how shy she is!) She steps out of her comfort zone and forgets the 600 people in the audience watching her. She's in her own world on stage and dances beautifully. We are once again so proud of her. This year we had a surprise with the Professional Principal dancer, the San Elijo Dance Academy hired Danny Tidwell, from the t.v. show, "So, You Think You Can Dance?" And let me tell you, he is better in person. Madison got to warm up with him and said he was so nice! You know it was killing me not to be back stage taking pictures of them together! Payton and R.J. also performed that night. They joined the Children's Choir that sang before the performances and at intermission. R.J. got to sing a solo in the song, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." And Payton sang a duet with cousin Emily in "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!" Boy, my kids are Hams, I don't know where they get it!? It was such a treat to see them all perform this holiday season!

15 comments:

Carrie said...

Your kids are SO cute! What fun memories they will have as they get older. Man I wish I could've seen Danny dance...I loved watching him on So You Think You Can Dance...such a strong dancer!

Paige said...

If my three kids performed the same night I would die from happiness and pride, my face might break. And Danny is such a rock hard pec bonus!

Ashley Clark said...

Madison is too cute! I had no idea your kids were musical too. Where does the perfection end??

mamanicky said...

Hey Rachel, I love your blog. I'm sure you noticed how I've bloglifted a few of your ideas. Hee, hee!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Look at your talented little family! I would have loved to have seen them. Makes you proud to watch your kids shine and show off their talents. Looks like you have a little von Trapp family (Sound of Music).
Can't wait to see Christmas pics!

mamanicky said...

Did you guys get our card?? I've mailed half out and I still have half sitting in my kitchen. Oooops!

Here's our address: 107 Tannenbaum ct. Mooresville, NC 28117

misschatterbox said...

Nutcracker was so much fun! It was fun being in the battle scene.

queenieweenie said...

Quit braggin'. Just kidding. So proud of Maddie...she was beautiful last year when we went to see her. What talent. Merry Christmas Eve!

Lauren said...

i wish i could of been there for it!!!

Unknown said...

I love ballet and oooooooohhhhhh I want that tradition - too bad I dont have a daughter to sign up for dance lessons so she can dance in the Nutcracker. That is so great and tell Maddy she looks awesome.

Jeff said...

I updated my blog Rachel!

Celia Fae said...

I would pay big money to have my kid in the nutcracker. I'm thinking of making Claire start ballet even though she is already ten. Nutcracker=dream come true.

brooke said...

I think Sienna feels Madison's pain...she did NOT like Santa this year or last. We'll see if she warms up to him next year! I loved seeing all those cute pictures of them when they were smaller! CUTE! (And I'm so jealous of Madison getting to hang out with Danny!)

Heather said...

Did Danny's sweat make the kids all slip and fall down in their costumes?

I'm sorry that was neither appropriate or tasteful.

Anonymous said...

I love quier but now im sad of leving it. Love paypay