Payton went with her Play-Group to sing Christmas Carols at an Assisted Living Facility. She was so excited, she couldn't wait to give out the cookies we made toget
her. It was so darling to see these almost 5 year olds sing their hearts out and play their little musical instruments to Jingle-Bells. I know these sweet children brought some laughter and joy to these Grandmas and Grandpas (That's what Payton called them). After we left Payton asked, "Momma are you going to ge
t old like that?" I told her that I would but, not for a very, very (add 3 more verys) long time. Then she said, "Well, don't worry, I will come and sing to you and give you cookies too!" I thought, you are such a sweetie, you stinkin' better visit your old Momma! I
don't want to get old! Visiting the facility was a great experience for her. I hope we can do it again next year!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
"Learning the Spirit of Giving"
Posted by Hazen5 at 7:48 AM
Labels: Christmas, Payton 07', Payton Play Group
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That is soooo sweet! I bet all of the "Grandma's and Grandpa's" LOVED it!! I wish I could've been there to feel the spirit I am sure was felt there!
What a fun playgroup! I can see Payton processing it all and deciding it would be a good thing to bring her mommy cookies too--in 60 years!
Payton--you are such a sweetie. I'm sure you made those grandmas and grandpas' day!
Good job PayPay! You are such a good girl. I am so proud of you and the service you did! What a fun group of friends you have. I love you!
P.S. Rachel--Payton is your twin in that second picture!
i had fun singing songs. I was excited giving cookies to the old grandma and grandpas.
We were bummed to have missed that day- I was sick. :(
What a sweet idea! I wish I had been a little old lady just to see Payton give me cookies!
Post a Comment