For Family Home Evening in the month of December, our family reads a new Christmas book each Monday. These books are all wrapped in spe
cial paper and put under the tree and the kids get to pick out one to read for that Monday. We have adopted this fun tradition from the Weenig Family about four years ago. This is one of the kid's most favorite parts
of the Christmas Season. And I really look forward to going to Deseret Book and picking out the Perfect Books! Traditions are what make Christmas so special, right?!
These are the books that made the cut-
Christmas Day in the Morning,
by Pearl S. Buck
The Light of Christmas,
by Richard Paul Evans
The Last Straw,
by Paula Palangi McDonald
Great Joy,
by Kate DiCamillo
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
"Christmas Tradition #1!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 7:36 AM
Labels: Christmas, Christmas Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Cute tradition! We'll have to steal that one when we have kids.
Thanks for the shout out!!! I love that tradition although my kids are kind of getting over it. I wish they would stop growing up so fast. Maybe it'll just have to be a Sammy present next year.
What, no Santa Cows? Thats a Hazen tradition...
I am so Out of the loop, What is Santa Cows?
That's a super cute tradition! And this way, I bet you have 20 million christmas books!
We do the same thing except we buy up all the Christmas leftover books clearanced from Deseret Book on the 26th for the next year ---I sound like such a cheap-skate!!!
I love your new blog! You did good, Rach--isn't it fun to do that on your own???!! I'm so glad you called me! If you ever want to change anything just holler!
What a great idea and so much fun for the kids. I just got an idea out of the Friend. In the book of Luke there are 25 chapters so each night you are supposed to read a chapter. We also have a home made advent calendar from my sister in law. After we read the kids get to pick which ornament they want to hang on the calendar. So faar they are not that interested in reading from Luke! Maybe I'll have to do your tradition instead!
Cute. I like my advent calendar from TJ's that cost $1.20. I get to throw it away when it is used up.
i love christmas traditions!! i miss you guys so much!! i'm thinking about coming down for new years. sound good??
Book your flight A.S.A.P!!!!!!
Seriously, I love that idea! Totally cute. Way to go Allison! I might have to adopt it someday! Love the picture of you being librarian!
That sounds like extra Mom work. Are they cutsey Christmas kid books or my personal favorite by David Sedaris called Holidays on Ice?
I like him, I will check out that book! But, I know I won't be sharing that one with the kids.
Post a Comment