My kids love opening up new Christmas P.J.s on Christmas Eve! So, a few years ago (with the help of my sweetest friend, Allison) I started to sew them their new jammies. I am not the
most perfect seamstress, so don't look at them too closely. The kids loved that I made them especially for them, R.J. still won't give up some of
his old ones that look like Capris now. I remember growing up and my mom doing the same thing! I'm so glad to be carrying on this special tradition. I made sure not to include any pictures with the "Chosen Fabric", I don't want to give anything away until Christmas Eve (Sorry Kids!!). I can't wait!!!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
"Christmas Tradition #3!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
You are such a talented cute mom! (I told Allison the same thing in her same post:) If I wasn't so crazy busy last week I would have loved to invite myself to join you guys! But I think I'd be sewing for like three weeks with all the little jammy pants I'd need to whip up! Maybe next year if I'm feeling like being supermom along with you...go girl!!!!
Maybe next year I will have to have you help me. I want to start doing that, but for now -- I still just buy them.
Wait, do you have to hide the chosen fabric and only work on them when they aren't home? Which gives you about two hours while Payton is in preschool? That's great but sounds hard! What a fun tradition. I'm guessing you probably do holiday baking too. You overachiever, you.
I could probably pull off pj bottoms, but the tops? Absolutely not.
No Paige, I can't bake! And Ashley, I only do bottoms and buy the tops at Old Navy! I do have my limits girls.
You go girl! BTW...thanks for cropping my big belly out of the picture (like I did on my blog)...I don't think you're truly a good friend now!
What Belly? True Friends do not see bellies, only beauty!
So cute. do you make them for you and Rob too?
Allison,
That ain't no big belly.
Look at you sewing and being so domestic. That's awesome! I'm sure your kids will love that you're passing on that tradition to them.
i'm so excited to come seee you guys!! This is so cute
Hi Rachel, we found our "you know who" at Hallmark. Good luck!! It's so fun!
Okay, so now that you outed yourself as a sewing seamstress, wanna make me something???
Thanks Heather...I really like you!
Ok Rach...knock it off! No wonder my daughter likes you more than me.
that is so sweet!!!!!!!! what a great idea----can i come down the freeway to get dj fitted for a cool pair? he likes all things elmo and spiyda man;)
O.K., I'm very impressed. Does Rob get a new pair each year too!?
Post a Comment