Every year without fail we have visited Santa to give him our "Christmas Lists" that we've worked so hard on, that has every toy, video game, or doll that we have coveted throughout the year on it! And for the most im
portant reason, to get the "money shot" of the kids on Santa's lap. I personally love it when the child cries when they are passed to Santa. It only scares them for a minute, but then you have years of laughter when looking back on that picture. The ones with with Madison tryin
g to escape with her little Marble Eyes are our favorites. She is the only one in our family who has ever cried! R.J. in the beginning looked a little tense, but powered through it. Payton, never shed one tear and thoroughly enjoyed telling him exactly what she wanted. After seeing this years picture, Rob thinks R.J. may be getting too big for Santa (literally)! Poor Man-Child, he doesn't get to sit on Santa's lap. He was pushed to the side of Santa's seat. I really
don't think he minded as song as he got to read his list. I was pleasantly suprised when Santa said, "Now I am going to study your list real hard and decide which things to give you. You may not recieve everything on this list because there are so many children in the world!" Thank you Santa! Actully the kids lists were
very resonable. I think Santa will do just fine. Just chalk up these Santa Pictures up to Posterity! We display them every year, tears and all!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
I loved seeing your display of santa pictures. That is the cutest idea!
What an authentic looking Santa. Oh, and I love the collage of past Santa pictures. That looks like a scanning nightmare!
I love the pictures of your kids with the tracey mall santa because..
1. they still have that SAME santa
2. that's about the age they were when i started to baby-sit them!!!
i'm soo excited to come visit.
I had to close up and inspect each one. Love them, especially the side pony one.
We have NEVER done the Santa picture thing. O.K. take that back. Tino must have been 15 months and we stood in the freezin cold at that fancy shmancy Blackhawk Shopping Center waiting for HOURS to get a picture. We paid big bucks and the picture was so not worth it. I guess that negative experience ruined it for Mateo and Sarah. We haven't done Santa pictures since.
I will hire a freaking neighbor to have HAL sit on so I get my money shot.
Hi Rachel,
Our address is:
759 Violet Cir.
Naperville, Il 60540
But only for 8 more days. Then it's off to Erie, PA!
My favorite is still the one of Santa making the "O" face! Please let me submit it to the Ellen show!!!!!!! Unfortunately I am nearly 8 years too late to start this tradition!
We have been reviewing all the cousins' names. (Of course Mateo and Tino know everyone . . . but little Sarah is still trying to learn). Such an abstract concept when she hasn't been around her cousins for a year now. Anyway, each picture I show her of Payton, her face lights up and she says "Der she is . . . dat's Dara". Translation: There she is . . . that's Sarah. Without fail, every single one of PayPay's pictures I show her, Sarah is convinced it's her. Funny that she just asked me" mami . . . who dat by da Dara? (Mami, who's that by the Sarah?) Silly Sarah . . . don't you remember growing out your bangs, wearing a beautiful black bow and taking pictures with Santa while you were sitting next to your cousin Mads???
Okay Rachel -
do you make those bows or do you buy them? Every pictures of your girls has bows, you must have a bizillion of them in your drawers. Or better yet - the bow ribbon that hangs down the back of your bathroom door. I want to see that.
Great idea for the collage. I'm totally going to copy. And I also need more bows so where did you get them? I'm low on pink and red.
I love that tradition of yours! Bad mommy could never stand to wait in the long line. Oh well.
You're such a good mom with your traditions! I was excited to see the 'lame' santa at preschool cause that meant we didn't have to fight the mall crowds with the six kids! I know....lame. They sent their letters a few weeks ago and Santa writes them back every year. But I love your pictures--that's a lot of frames, girl!
The kids will be so happy to see the pictures when they are grown and have children of their own. They are so blessed to have a Mom and Dad who always go the extra mile in everything they do. Merry Christmas to my darlings...We love you and miss you.
Thanks Grandma, We miss and love you too! The kids can't wait till next year for another White Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa's House.
Excellent photo journalism.
what a cool tradition! Your kids have changed soooo much. I think RJ almost looks like a teenager in one of the pics.
Post a Comment