Today we finally got our tree! Christmas is up at our house, and I can now officially say, "The Holiday Season is here!" I was having panic attacks because the first week of December w
as rapidly passing before my eyes and there was still NO Tree in sight!!! I can rest easy now. We love the Tradition of finding that perfect, live, fresh, pine-smelling, tree, but this may be the last year. I think after 12 1/2 y
ears of marriage Rob has talked me into the Fakey One! I was actually all for it this year but, the kids complained, so o
ne more year for the freshy! We started off the morning with breakfast at Starbucks, getting a tree is never complete with out a Peppermint Hot-Chocolate in hand. The Outside Christmas lights decorating was put on hold for a while due to the rainy weather (it's starting to
feel like Christmas too!) The inside looks so warm cozy. I finished up decorating the tree, I think need to work on my Decorating Bossiness! And our famous Pickle Ornament is hanging in all his glory! This ornament is everyone's favorite. On Christmas morning
if you are the first one to find it hanging in a new place on the tree, you receive a special prize! And finally the Stockings were hung by the chimney with care! Okay, we can now start the count down to the big day! Only 17 more busy, fun, crowded, glorious, hectic, giving, hurried, joyous, expensive days left. We love Christmas!!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
"Christmas Tradition #2!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 10:38 PM
Labels: Christmas, Christmas Tree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Great tradition! We usually play hide the pickle on Saturdays...
I love the way that it's 35 minutes before church starts and I am wasting time away reading your blog. Yes, and did I forget to mention that I'm still in my p.j.s and none of the kids have showered yet? Beautiful tree. I love it.
I'm not sure if Ashley made a dirty comment, or if she's serious. Hmm.
Nice Iron thing from Taipan. Looks good there!
I knew the pickle would start some chatter, But I am surprised it was you Ashley! Looks like you are going to be naughty this Christmas!
Get ready for Church Aunt Heidi!
You are such a fun mama- making your adventures so much fun, like with the peppermint cocoa. I will have to try it!
Okay, this post warrants a few comments...given the third nipple episode, I don't even want to go there at all regarding the pickle! Also, I wonder if it's really peppermint cocoa in your cup at Starbucks...I'm betting on a triple mocha espresso (I know what you keep stocked in your wine cooler ;)! But, who am I to judge? I can down a six pack of Dr. Pepper by mid morning! And you can have my butter any time!!!
I was going to accuse you of ordering mocha instead, but then I realized that's something I would probably do, or have done...allegedly.
Like we need any more help getting Hyper! No Coffee in those cups!
How come you always get the pickle, when I want the pickle? No fair. Love your tree!
Let me specify...I want my OWN pickle. You have your pickle-I have mine. Yours just gets more use!
Pretty tree!
I want to go to Taipan. It sounds exotic.
Is that a picture of YOUR mantel? It looks like a pottery barn page out of their catalog. WOW!
I have to say, if you had been in utah this past weekend (like I am) tons of holiday traditions would have been had (for instance, playing in snow and sledding).
Yes, but did you get Maddie her cat?
Which one of you started the pickle ornament tradition??? Is that a hispanic thing? Elves and pickles hiding in your tree--what other Christmas tree surprises and funky traditions do you have?! You guys are too funny--I'm sure your kids love it!
No, not a Hispanic thing.
Legendary Pickle Ornament
A pickle used as an ornament on the Christmas tree seems odd at first, but this is an old German tradition. When decorating the Christmas tree, it was a practice to hang the pickle ornament last, hidden among the twigs. The first child on Christmas to find the Christmas pickle ornament would receive an extra gift.
Love the pickle idea. Seems so random, but actually has meaning! Wonderful! YUM!
Gorgeoust tree! Love all the bows and beads! I love the feeling of Christmas too!
Post a Comment