Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Christmas Eve Hazen Style!"

It was our first Christmas Eve that we have ever spent alone in our own house. We had to make up our own new family Traditions. We spent the better half of the afternoon baking for Christmas day. We had to use my Grandma's old recipe book to bake her famous cookies. Since she is no longer with us we have been left to carry out her baking legacy. Each of us sisters chose a couple of different types of cookies to make. I chose her M&M Cookies (my favorite) and Peanut Butter Cookies. The girls helped out quite a bit. We decided together as a family to have Fondue for Christmas Dinner. But, first we had to start with "Christmas Crackers", the kids were a little timid to make them pop, but loved wearing the crowns. The Fondue was delicious and surprise, surprise no one stuck there finger with the sharp fondue sticks! We had a fondue bowl to cook the chicken and beef in. As well as a Fondue bowl of cheese for the red potatoes, asparagus, little onion pearls, baby pickles, mushrooms, sourdough bread, and radishes. I think the kids had more fun cooking the food than eating it!

After dinner it was time to open the Pajamas! The kids thought I did a good job picking out their material for their jammies. Then it was off to the Weenig's for dessert! Thanks Allison for the yummy homemade Mint Brownies!!! We got home with enough time to read our last Christmas Book and open one more present each. The kids started to get worried after checking "Santa Tracker" on the computer, Santa may skip their house because they were still up. After sprinkling Reindeer food and leaving Santa milk and cookies they were off to bed! Then it was time for Santa and his Elves to get to work!
And boy, was he busy!

9 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

What an excellent day you guys had! If you adopt me, will I get homemade jammies too?

Heather said...

CRAP!!!!
I totally forgot about the Christmas crackers that are sitting in my pantry.

Maybe they will be New Year's crackas.

Carrie said...

I loved all the pictures and reading about all of things your family did...it looked like a lot of fun for this kids! Love all of the traditions!!

AnnEE said...

We're doing fondue complete with crackers for New Years. Love it.

queenieweenie said...

So glad you came for dessert! We may have to make that a new tradition. I loved seeing the kids in their jammies. On to New Year's!

Unknown said...

I'm curious what reindeer food is - is it lawn fertilizer? or squirrel food?


We had a nice quiet Christmas too and it was perfect! have a wonderful new year too.

shayla said...

Fun traditions! Love the fondue thing!

mamanicky said...

The pj's were a hit! Gotta love it. Christmas rocks!

Celia Fae said...

I am so impressed with the pajamas you made yourself. You are a regular Martha.

Sometimes I dream about the kind of Christmas you had.