Thursday, December 13, 2007

"It Works Every Time!"

During the cold, chilly winter season do you find it harder to get your kids out of their warm, snuggly, comfy beds to get ready for school? I too have run into this problem numerous mornings! I can hardly say I blame them! But, here is a tip I have been using for the past few years, I only do it when it's winter so the novelty does not wear off. I warm up their close in the Dryer for a few minutes! I'll wake them up and tell them their clothes are warming so they better strip down under the covers. Then comes the 10 second warning, the clothes are coming out and only have a short time before they loose their warmness. (This always gets them moving!) My electricity bill may be higher but, it's worth it not to fight the "Freezing Morning Battle"!

17 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

What a great tip! :)

AnnEE said...

I didn't realize you have freezing winter weather down there in San Diego. Silly me, I've been chilly with the 28 degrees.

Carrie said...

You are such a nice mom!! I remember waking up in Oklahoma before Seminary about 5am and sit and blow dry my body with the hair drier. It felt so nice and warm!

Michelle Baird Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Baird Designs said...

Hi Hazen fam. We tracked your blog down from Travis H. saying his wife Nicole found it. So we did a search.
You can check us out at www.thebairdbunch.blogspot.com
Now that we have your blog we canheep up with the Hazen happenings! The kids are soooo big and so cute. I notice you have my competitors blog design. Actually, she does a great job and it's free. Check out my blog design business at www.shabbycreations.blogspot.com
Fun to find and read you blog.
Michelle Baird

shayla said...

I love it!!! What's your heater set to? 60?! You are just the nice momma--they will grow up and always love you! Not so much that way in this household! Ugly mommie reared her head today-yikes! If I had my way my kids would sleep outside tonight. Maybe they can walk to your house and get their clothes warmed up tomorrow morning!

Nortorious said...

Why not just lock them outside for a few minutes? I bet the house feels nice and toasty after freezing outside? Saves on electricity!

Ashley Clark said...

You are such a cute mom with cute mom ideas. Maybe someday I can be more like you.

Heather said...

They must really appreciate you warming up their short sleeved shirts and shorts for them.

You are a nice mom.

Buy Maddie a cat. (that's the last time I promise...)

Lauren said...

i wish i had a dryer up here so i could do that. but nope. i have to pay a 1.25 per use, and have to walk through the snow to get there!!

Unknown said...

Okay, first of all, as Anne stated, you live in CA which doesn't mean "freezing" at all!! Second, how nice are you???? I just tell the dog to get on the kids' beds and let her walk on them and lick their faces. That's a wake-up call!!!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

You are setting the expectations way too high for your children's future spouses! They will never be able to live up to you! Hmmm...maybe that's the way you want it? Then they'll always come home to momma. Dave's brother who is 32 years old still goes to their mom's house to have her make him a sandwich! Remind me to tell you the Paprika story!

Hazen5 said...

I swear everyone it is cold here, it was down to 40 degrees last night. And the kids beds are next to the windows making it extra chilly! Come on the rest of you San Diegans, help me out! Plus, I always want my kids to come home to Momma (thanks Amy)!!!

Jessica said...

I agree that it is cold. It is amazing how your body adjusts to the place you live. I just had to go out and buy Emma clothes for when we go to Utah next week. What a great mom you are. I would love that -- nice warm clothes. What great memories they will have of you.

Jessica said...

I agree that it is cold. It is amazing how your body adjusts to the place you live. I just had to go out and buy Emma clothes for when we go to Utah next week. What a great mom you are. I would love that -- nice warm clothes. What great memories they will have of you.

brooke said...

What a great mom! Wish my mom would've done that...I would've got up much faster I think. Way to Rach!

mamanicky said...

I'm all over this strategy tomorrow morning. I've already got the clothes in the dryer. Not to mention, this will help their wrinkly clothes look so nice!