Friday, November 30, 2007

"Flu Shots-Poo Shots!"

The Flu Check List
-New Pajamas to stay in all day (because you can do that when your sick) the old ones have throw-up on them. Check
-Parent's Comfy Bed with lots of Pillows. Check
-Cup with straw (less work for the sickie) filled with 7-up to help settle your stomach. Check
-T.V. with remote control at hand to watch all the cartoons your heart desires. Check
-Lots of Books, in case you get tired of watching cartoons. Check
-NightNight, your special animal that gives you comfort and love. Check
-Mamma's Big Silver Baking Bowl, in case you can't make it to the bathroom. Check

Refund please, We want our money back! Payton has the flu! Grandma, what happened to the Flu Shot she just got? Now we'll never get Rob in to get a shot!

21 comments:

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Maybe it's a mutated strain? Poor Payton! At least she still looks as cute as ever even when she's tossin' her cookies! (That's how we say "throwing up" in our house!)

brooke said...

You're so funny. I need to copy off that check list for future. Think you covered it all. (By the way, the shot doesn't PREVENT the flu, it just lessens the severity of what she'll get!)

Heather said...

Maybe the flu shot DID work and this is rotovirus. Wow. That hit Abbie last year. Wow. wow.

That's what she said.

queenieweenie said...

Poor PayPay! We're friends because I have the exact same bowl reserved for the exact same purpose! Thinking of you..."This Christmas"!

Celia Fae said...

Cute on day one. Hope it doesn't last any longer than that.

heidiram said...

Sorry Pay Pay! Tell Rob that the vaccine does not protect against the viruses or bacteria that cause colds or 'stomach flu’. The influenza virus is more severe than the common cold or stomach flu.

Yeah, remember last Christmas when my kids got rotovirus? Mateo still talks about his trip to the E.R. I think the kid is traumatized for life.

heidiram said...

Sorry Pay Pay! Tell Rob that the vaccine does not protect against the viruses or bacteria that cause colds or 'stomach flu’. The influenza virus is more severe than the common cold or stomach flu.

Yeah, remember last Christmas when my kids got rotovirus? Mateo still talks about his trip to the E.R. I think the kid is traumatized for life.

Nortorious said...

Her old pajamas were covered in barf? Does that mean she puked in bed? Oh, I have such wonderful things to look forward too. Sick.

Hazen5 said...

The flu did last only 24 hrs. Too bad I was at the gym when she threw-up, daddy had to clean it up! But, now she has an Ear Infection!! Poor kid can't catch a break.

momala@grammy.com said...

dear friends, family and countrymen,lend me your ear......
Sweet Payton was NOT immunized for the everyday STOMACH FLU...She received the two week in bed headache, high temp. body ache put you in the hospital..(don't come back home to Moms bed new PJ's) type of flu.) I promise she would not be smiling with the REAL flu. Sorry folks no money back.
And a word to Blogger Land GET YOUR FLU SHOTS !!!!!
I love you Pay

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Those flu shot salespeople could sale ice to an Eskimo.

Ashley Clark said...

Whenever I got sick as a little kid, my mom said I became really nice. She knew I was getting better when I started bossing people around again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shot Grandma, I feel much, much better! Ashley is right, I am starting to boss everyone around again. You still are the "Best Shot in Utah". I love you too!

Unknown said...

Jer, my husband, aka Mr. Food Safety, says that 95% of stomach "flus" are really cases of food poisoning. Yum-Oh!

Ashley Clark said...

Pathophysiology of the Rotavirus--it is transmitted by the fecal-oral route, which means someone didn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom and then put them in their mouth, or cooked with them, etc. YUCK!

Payton, I'm glad Payton you're feeling better!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

My kid didn't take her poopy digits and put them in her mouth!

Did anyone consider that despite the wonder shot, it is possible to still get the 24 hour flu?

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Rachel, You are my favorite. Don't tell Heidi. Or Heather.

Paige said...

I think you got the flu shot too late. Sorry. Next time get it in October. But I still really want one.

Ashley Clark said...

Totally not saying Payton had the Rotavirus! I was referring to Heidi and Heather's comments about last year. :-)

Hazen5 said...

Rob is being very Sarcastic Ashley!

mamanicky said...

Yaaay...my wife found you guys! It's Travis Huntsman and I just spent the last hour getting caught up on the Hazen's life in Cali! What a great blog! What a beautiful family! I was thinking of you guys during the wild fires...too close for comfort! Have Rob shoot me a line when he can (travismantis@aol.com). Nichole has a blog also (travandnick@blogspot.com). It was so fun to see your blog!