As you can tell from my fellow sister's Thanksgiving Reports, there was plenty of delicious food to be eaten at Grandma's house! Rob made his famous Maple, Bacon-wrapped Turkey, Heather: Cranberry, White-Jesus Juice Turkey, and last
but not least, Heidi: Dominican Spice Turkey! Take your pick, they were all
delectable! I was assigned to make Mac-N-Cheese and the Veggie Tray! For the first time in my life I made "home-made" (not out of the blue box or even worse, microwaveable easy mac) Macaroni and Cheese. I used about 5 different kinds of cheeses that melted into a little bit
of golden brown heaven. (Thanks for the Recipe Heather!) As for the Veggie Tray, I think everyone heard the gas
p around the world when I asked for someone to take me to the nearest Costco to buy it! They made me make my "Own" Veggie Tray. I had to slice, cut and peal my own vegetables. It was hard work but, it was worth it. Let me tell you, this was not your regular run of the mill Vegetables and dip, I even had Jicama.
Monday, November 26, 2007
"Thursday Turkey Day!"
The two be
st parts of the meal were going around the table and sharing what we all were Thankful for and of course dessert!
Here were the things my kids were thankful for this year:
Madison- Being with my family that I don't get to be with very often.Payton- I am thankful for food, turkey, grandma's rolls and pumpkin pie!
Posted by Hazen5 at 9:04 PM
Labels: Thanksgiving, Utah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I can't believe you had three turkeys. They look delicious. I could eat some right now.
Thanks for letting us be part of the party. I hope everyone is back to normal now! I bet RJ got a lot of attention at school today.
Well your day beat our day! Our "Grammy Hag"came home from Africa and spoke a sum total of about 11 words during the whole day. And then there was Rachel whining for food for 3 hours (okay, that is understandable) And Mitch dropping the "F-bomb" and the S-word about 20 times in front of my mega Christian, home-schooling sister and her overly protected children. The best part was her finger in his face, or it could have been my 6'5" Frankenstein lookalike brother in law "inviting" Mitch to the garage to talk....Ahhh...family. Do we gotta love 'em?
PS. My brined turkey was AWESOME!
Why do my comments always have a garbage can at the bottom? Is that a subtle hint?
Ahem, Payton.....where on that list does your Nannie fall??? HUH???
that's what she said.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Rachel! It is so fun to see what you are up to and getting to keep in touch! Also, I've tagged you. Go you my blog to see what to do:
davidandleanna.blogspot.com
Good job on the mac and cheese! Your pictures are so cute. I love all of your posts and all of your comments. You are so good at leaving fun,cute comments. Thanks!
Okay chicky-poo...you've been tagged now like 555 times! Get crackin'! I want Rob to cook turkey for ME next year.
Get rid of the stupid Thanksgiving song. Its been in my head all morning.
ba ba ba da....(that's the sad version)
Heather, I am leaving that song for Brad!!!
Rachel, what were you thankful for?
I am thankful for the best family, husband and children ever! I am so cliche'.
No, those are good things to be grateful for. I am grateful for your sense of fashion. I want your dress, shoes, AND Coach purse from Anne's baby blessing picture!
And I am Thankful for you Ashley!!!
Nice of all you adults to let the kids eat the turkey legs. In almost every picture I've seen of your festivus, a kid has a turkey leg.
Post a Comment