Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Deer... It's Whats for Dinner!"

Only in Utah!!! Usually you see swings, a bird feeder, Christmas lights, maybe an occasional kite hanging from a tree, but this was unbelievable! I swear Heather lives in a beautiful, quaint, pleasant neighborhood, not a Po-dunk, take this dirt road 5 miles and turn left at the raccoon road-kill kind of neighborhood. But, when we drove by we were all in shock. We debated on showing the kids, but heck, when would they ever see something like this again! Gasps came from the backseat, then laughter erupted from Payton (she may be missing the sensitivity chip)! I guess the "Deer Family" doesn't like turkey for Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Oh my goodness. Once I almost ran over my cat and I laughed. Payton and I must have that in common...

brooke said...

That picture is quite disturbing. I can't even look at roadkill without getting the shivers. Yikes! Those Utah people!

Heather said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW!

So proud that is in walking distance to my place.

shayla said...

Gravy to go with the venison, anyone? YIKES! Only in Utah~!

Paige said...

Thanks for the pic. Merely describing the scene would not have been possible.

Jenibelle said...

When our beloved dog Dixie Belle was run over by a car, my beloved Margo just couldn't resist singing over and over again "The night they drove old Dixie down...."

And yes Brentwood people it is THAT Margo, Ms. Sensitivity herself was missing "the chip"!

That picture leaves me just a little speechless. Ew.

Unknown said...

I have never ever seen a sight like that!!! I grew up in Utah and never saw that growing up. Where were you??

Marcie said...

That is so crazy. I would have been freaking out to see that in person!

queenieweenie said...

Uh, new blog please. It's been TWO DAYS!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Are you sure you weren't in Wyoming?

Celia Fae said...

Jenibelle, I'm going to need more proof. Margo is the most sensitive person ever.

Was Dixie the one that pooped on the carpet? I'd be singing too.