Friday, November 9, 2007

"Laundry Treasures!"

I do laundry every Thursday. I look forward to this weekly ritual. This is the day I find many "Hidden Treasures" ! You see, what ever I find and dig from the pockets of the clothes my family wears, I get to keep! In the past I have warned them to empty all pockets before putting them in their laundry baskets. Look at my "Booty" today.


  • Brand new packet of gum

  • Bracelet

  • Pen

  • Scissors

  • Boy Scout Regatta Ribbon

  • Rock

  • I-Pod Shuffle

  • Note Cards

  • "Littlest Pet Shops"

  • Game boy DS

  • Slime with spider

  • Candy wrappers

  • School Lunch Payment Envelope

  • Little Mermaid Lip-Gloss

  • $ 2.00

Now here is the fun part, trying to figure out what stuff came from who's pockets. And I am not telling if the candy wrappers came from mine! But, I think I got ripped off in the money department, usually I rake in any where between $5-60 bucks. I just look as these items as reward for a hard days work!

15 comments:

shayla said...

So does this mean I get to comment now that you're public on your "BFF's" blog?!!' I think you scored big time on the loot. Hey, send your laundry my way--I'll find a way to like the horrible task if there's grand rewards...ours is just not that exciting!

Carrie said...

Yeah!!! I didn't know you blogged until reading your comment on Marcie's blog...I hope you don't mind I added you as one of my friends! It will be fun to get to know your family a little better! You walked away with a lot better stuff than I do - I get used tissue, candy wrappers, wire nuts, and rocks...so exciting!

Heather said...

Is that a littlest pet shop hamster?

Or just another dumb kitty? I like the hamsters.

queenieweenie said...

You scored!!! I love all the stuff you got. Are you going to share? I could make good use of the shuffle and the Little Mermaid lipgloss. Love you

queenieweenie said...

I'm waiting! Maybe you're being a better wife than I am...Matt's a blog widower right now.

Nortorious said...

I thought the gum was a pack of prophylactics.
I hoped they belonged to you or your husband.

Celia Fae said...

I usually find that stuff in the dryer because I forget to take it out of the kids pockets. Way to rescue the gum and the ipod.

Hazen5 said...

Heather, it's a hamster! Are you looking for one?

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

In about 2 weeks there will be a cookoo cloc in the washer after I snag it from Heather's house.

brooke said...

Wow...can't wait for those days. I guess I occasionally find coins, but that's the extent to my riches!

Lauren said...

i remember when i was with you guys over the summer. you found 40 on laundry day, so we got some snacks from good ole' chevron.

brooke said...

Totally loved your tribute to our concert fun. We SO need to do it again. Or just anything. You are SUCH a groupie...but I guess I am too! (Geekily Hot...remember?)

brooke said...

Yeah, so I didn't have food poisening...don't know what it was. Yuck huh? I'm better now, but am so grateful for Stephen and primary songs!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Who's carrying scissors around in their pocket? You could lose an appendage that way!

Unknown said...

You scored big time! I would keep that ipod for my own personal use and just give the rest back.