Monday, September 1, 2008

"How I Spent My Summer Vacation" Edition 2: Celebrating the Birth of Rob

Rob celebrated his 35th birthday in style this year! The theme was "Everything L.A.". I felt a little guilty planning it because it was everything I wanted to do. But don't worry, he loved it! For the past few years we have been celebrating with the Weenigs because Allison and Rob have a birthday just a day apart. We started the day by checking into the Westin Bonaventure Hotel. This hotel is famous for various Hollywood movies being filmed there and for it's great city views from their elevators. Next, we headed to Sprinkles in Beverly Hills, no birthday is complete without some cupcakes. Sprinkles once again did not disappoint! After some sight seeing on Rodeo Drive, we headed to dinner at one of Rob's favorite restaurants Lawry's. Lawry's brings their famous "silver" carts table side so our cut selection can be carved for us. Rob was in heaven with his plate full of Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding, Creamed Spinach, Creamed Corn and whipped Mashed Potatoes! After dinner we headed toward Hollywood and Vine to the Pantages Theater to see "Wicked". He had never seen it before but, has heard the soundtrack way too much. Rob enjoyed it just as much as I did. And for the grand finale of our L.A. Hot spots Tour we went to Pink's Hot dog stand for a midnight snack. This is a popular night hangout, the line to order a dog wrapped around the building. It was worth the wait (over an hour), they have so many different ways to prepare a hot dog. We didn't leave the joint till about 1:30 in the morning. But, half the fun was "People Watching", there are so interesting people in Los Angeles. We had so much fun and Rob was very appreciative for his birthday getaway, even though it seemed more like mine!

13 comments:

Jenibelle said...

That was so self-less of you to put aside your wishes and plan everything Rob would want! You could have checked into Motel 6 and given him what he really wanted much cheaper.
Just a thought for next year.

Hollyween said...

You guys always have so much fun!!!
I saw a thing on Pink's on the food channel the other day and I was in a daze. I couldn't stop watching!

And after since BP, I've been wanting a sprinkles cupcake. Some day. Some day.

Bridget said...

Someday I have got to try this cupcake. I like Holly have been thinking about it since BP. Looks like a fabulous birthday celebration for you. I mean for Rob. :)

Michele said...

I get a little too excited when I hear a song from Wicked. Good Times! Your post made me a little hungry though.
We still on for breakfast tomorrow?
Hugs

Nortorious said...

Oh, how I miss Pinks. So delicious.

Lauren in GA said...

That sounds truly fabulous!!

Sprinkles should pay you for all of your advertising for them ;)

♥Shally said...

Does Sprinkles deliver to Utah????

queenieweenie said...

Sprinkles=YUM! Pink's=not so yum.

Thanks for the memories.

Jake said...

I love Jeni's comment!

Linsey said...

can you be my birthday planner next year and always? this sounds like a SUPER fun time had by all!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

Just like the little boy that called out the Emporer not wearing any clothes, I will be the first to say "Sprinkles=OVERRATED".

The rest of the b-day...memorable.

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

What an awesome wifey you are Rach! Sounds like your perfect b-day too! Killed two birds with one stone eh?! Now I have to try that Lawrys place. We see it every time we go up there too, just never been in. Happy #35 Rob!

Ilene said...

Note to self: Don't have husband read this post. My husband thinks a birthday celebration culminates on a day of not having to change a diaper.

LOVE Pink's. My YW/YM group always stopped there after going to a session at the LA Temple. Good memories.