This summer we broke out the old sewing machine again. The girls love to sew but, I am a very limited seamstress. My wonderful mother could whip up anything quickly and even without a pattern. But, I unfortunately did not inherit
her talent! But, I always do my best with what I got. I can sew a mean pair of pajamas. So, we decided to make "Summer
P.J.s". We made capri style because it has been so hot this summer! The girl's favorite part of sewing is going to the fabric store! They love looking at all the possibilities for their pajama material. And of course they always make sure they have seen every bolt of fabric first
before they make their final decisions. My favorite part of sewing is seeing the girl's final fabric choice, it always seems to reflect and match their cute personalities perfectly. This time is was all about Cats! Madison is truly learning how to sew. She did
everything pretty much herself. At this rate she'll be passing me up and be requiring lessons from Grandma! At
least I still have Payton who needs to sit on my lap to sew. She does the handwork, I step on the peddle. We make a great team. I just hope one day they will be able to teach their daughters how to sew. Even if it is only a pair of pajamas!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
"How I Spent My Summer Vacation" Edition 3: Summer Pajamas
*Thanks mom for teaching me the little things so I can pass it on to my daughters.
Posted by Hazen5 at 11:56 AM
Labels: Madison 08', Payton 08', Sewing, Things My Mother Taught Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
Sewing anything other than a skirt or a pillow case is impossible for me, so I'm impressed. The PJ's are almost as cute as the girls!
By the way, I have enjoyed your summer vacation posts, sorry I haven't commented indicating as much.
I loved sewing with my mom. I'm not great at it, but she taught me enough that I really enjoy it. :) Glad you had fun making PJ's with your girls.
Can my daughter attend your next sewing class? I got her a sewing machine for her birthday. I'm sewing impaired. Pretty sad since my mom made my wedding dress.
You are a good mom.
That is so much fun! Now I am motivated to teach Maddie how to sew. She may still be a little young, but I think she may be able to help me with some things.
Cute pictures! Their PJ's turned out darling! So fun!
I want to be a good mom like you. Please offer an online course in sewing so I can learn.
Sewing is a talent that will bless their them for the rest of their lives. You wouldn't believe the quilting/sewing/knitting blogs that are out there. I keep up with at least 50 of these kinds of blogs and have visitors to my blog from all over the world. It's so fun to see what other people are working on and see pictures of their creations. It's inspiring!!
Keep it up! I wish you lived close to me!!
Here's my quilting blog address if you want to take a peek. www.bittybitsandpieces.blogspot.com
I forgot to tell you how much I loved the song!!! It amazes me how you find such perfect songs! It's so much fun, too! *smiles happily*
I have never tried sewing pj's - I shall have to give it a whirl! Have fun in P.S.!!! :(((((((
Cute!!! I wish I new how to sew so I could teach my daughter. :(
What cute PJ's! I love that idea. I'll have to blow the dust off of my machine & give it a try!
THAT is SO cute!!! You are so talented. I wish I knew how to make jammies and that my machine still worked! I'm so impressed!
I am not a seamstress-- but those look fun!!
Sewing is my nemesis. I wish wish wish I could do more. My daughter would love it!
I love the patterns they chose. Your girls are just darling.
I also love how you and Payton work together. You look beautiful in the picture with her on your lap.
we were slightly less ambitious and only accomplished pillow cases. but it was still a cool experience for the kids. and i felt like i was being a super mom. i wonder how many times we can sew a pillowcase before the feeling wears off???
My daughter is going to be totally deprived. I have no sewing skills whatsoever.
My mom sews too and I'm jealous. She's too impatient to teach me, she tries to show me and then just does the job herself.
Good for you! That is awesome. I have my mom here in town and I have her sewing away but not really participating myself. Ah, I need to get off my lazy duff.
We did a patchwork quilt for Sierra's 15 hour service project for school...wheewwww!
jammies are so much easier
That looks like fun :) The PJ pants turneed out very cute!
Post a Comment