Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"And He Cooks Too!"

My husband Rob loves to cook! He enjoys going on the web to find new and creative recipes with lots of ingredients that I don't even know how to pronounce sometimes. His newest place to find recipes is Men's Health Magazine (we are on a "healthy" kick right now). He's all into cooking "lite" but, not having it "taste lite". On his quest to find these yummy recipes all I have to do is sit back and be the taste tester! My first dish to try was, Coconut Curry Red Snapper on a bed of sauteed mushrooms and bok choy. It deserved 5 stars. For lunch tomorrow, fresh Gazpacho. It's chilling in the fridge right now. I know, I am spoiled!

19 comments:

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Uh..... table for 1 please!!!!!!!

queenieweenie said...

your husband cooks, mine builds entertainment centers...aren't we lucky???

the wrath of khandrea said...

okay then tell him to look up ina garten's orzo and shrimp recipe. it's ultra healthy and unbelievably deeelish. you will love it. unless you hate shrimp.

hey you should change your profile picture because it looks NOTHING like you. like i think you're a 15 year old girl every time i see it. just in case you want my opinion.

Ashley Clark said...

Ok, that's pretty cute. I love Rob's expression in that last picture.

Tristan said...

That is so fun! Yum!

My husband is a good cook too. He actually makes really good homemade pizza! He makes and kneads the dough and everything! This last weekend he made cinnamon rolls from scratch! So yummy!

So now I am thinking we need to open a restaurant with our husbands as the chefs!! ;)

Bridget said...

I love gazpacho! Yum! My husband loves to cook too. Unfortunately he hardly ever has time to.

Jenibelle said...

I told you to have Rob stop being so impossibly perfect.

Tell Mr. Perfect I had my oil checked and changed today. Nice to know that he is so concerned about my health.

Sarah said...

oh wow, when Bry cooks it's either Pizza Hut or PB&J Burritos! :)

momala@grammy.com said...

The picture tells it all. " Its all about me." Rob has always had a nack for cooking. The fam is lucky to have a Dad who enjoys the good eats.

Hazen5 said...

Andrea, that's exactly the look I am going for...Young! I am glad my profile picture has you fooled!!

crystal said...

Tell Rob to get posting those recipes, because I'm about to launch into a serious eating/exercise cycle.

I am shaped like Spongebob Squarepants, currently.

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Wow he really cooked that? I dont even think I could do that. Wow, I'm really really impressed!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, my gracious...THAT man is a keeper!

diane said...

Yeah, he's a keeper!

Michele said...

Rob is a great cook. I have had the privilege of experiencing his fine cuisine. Now give me some of that Gaspacho!
A Mi Me Gusta Mucho!

shayla said...

What's on the menu for Conference Weekend? That is pretty lucky---if I leave it up to Curt it's McDonalds all the way.

Jessica said...

Isn't there a Hazen cooking gene or something? ANd I would love recipes!

Michelle said...

I'm so impressed!

Ilene said...

Need a sister wife?