Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Farewell to the Fire & Ice"

"We will miss you this winter! You have been so good to us this summer. We appreciate the happiness you have brought to us these past few months. Just because we keep you way in the back of the garage now does not mean we don't love you. We will think of you fondly until we meet again (hopefully in early April, if the weather permits). Farewell sweet Fire & Ice!"

If you are not familiar with a Fire & Ice, you are missing out. It is a Bar-B-Q grill on the top (the Fire) and a cooler on the bottom (the ice). The best part about it is it's on Wheels. You can take it anywhere you want, we prefer to take it to the beach! I got this cool Bar-B-Q for Rob for Father's Day when we moved to San Diego about five years ago. And it has been put to good use. He loves to cook and I love to eat so, this was a gift that kept on giving! His favorite thing to make is Brats on soft Hoagie Buns, topped with a sauteed mushroom, leek and onion combination. Friends and Family love to come to the beach when we bring this little number along (just look at those smiles in the picture). Now that it's Fall and the weather is going to be cooling down it's time to retire the Fire & Ice till next Spring. We will definitely miss it!

21 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you said it so well, i am actually feeling a little sentimental.

Jake said...

My husband would LOVE this...pyromania and cold beverages! Score!

queenieweenie said...

Good times...good times

Till next year Fire and Ice!

Jessica said...

That is seriously the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life!

Tristan said...

That is seriously the coolest!! I want one, I need one now!

Babcocks said...

That is so cool. I had not seen that BBQ Cooler befor. How much fun and great eatting would that be..Winter we are not looking forward to here in Utah. Miss the beach.

Bridget said...

Wow. Now THAT is cool. I've never seen one before. I don't think I'll show my husband.

Chris said...

Whoa that thing is awsome!!!

Annemarie said...

OK, my husband is thinking this is very cool...where did you find it??

diane said...

Okay, now I'm craving a brat with onions! That is one hot, I mean cool grill.

Nortorious said...

That's neato. I don't understand the physics of it, though. Wouldn't the fire melt the ice?

Michelle said...

What are you doing, Rachel? You live in So Cal for heaven's sake! You can use this year round!!! This is coming from the transplant who lives in the ice! I'm so glad you showed us this cool toy. Where do you buy this? I'm going out to get one!!!

Christie said...

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen! I'm afraid my husband would try and bring it to church. I can just see him tailgating during elders quorum.

Connie said...

I WANT ONE!!!!

Audry said...

That's great!!! A must have when you live in SD close to the beach. :)

Jessica said...

I have heard a lot about it, but have never seen it. Maybe next year!! YUM!

Jenibelle said...

Rachel, I had a minor heart attack. I thought fire and ice had died and we weren't ever going to have beach barbeques again. You don't know HOW relieved I am that fire and ice is healthy, just taking a much needed vacay in the garage. I hope I can get my heart rate down now, what a scare!!!

Babcocks said...

Rachel. Gosh I checked on your blog every now and then but I didn't think you wanted to say hi..To many friends. HAHA I would love for you to link me. Its so crazy how much has changed sense back in the day. I love your kids and how much they get to do and you keep the memories to share. Your family is getting so grown up. I want to thank you for sharing keep in touch.

Lauren said...

fire and ice will be missed, i didn't get to experience it this year, vacation to San Diego next summer???

Lauren in GA said...

I want one of those! I have never heard of one...I love the whole idea, "Have Cooler and BBQ, will travel".

♥Shally said...

How have I not seen that before???

We need one.

Thanks for sharing!!