This past weekend was ALL about ME! My friend invited me on a quick gettaway to Palm Springs and I couldn't say no. I did absolutely what I wanted to do! I ate everything I wanted to. I slept in for how ever long I wanted to. I read what ever I wanted to. I watched what ever I wanted to on the T.V. I went to see two movies in a row because I wanted to. I bought what ever I wanted to. I went to bed when ever I wanted to. I ate Hot Tamales and Turtle Chex Mix in bed because I wanted to. I got a massage because I wanted to. I sang Karaoke because I wanted to. I layed out by the pool and fell asleep because I wanted to. And then I went HOME because I wanted to. After spending three days with friends and doing what ever I wanted to, I began to miss my family. It's so nice doing what ever I want, but it's even better to feel needed and to be a mom doing "things" for my family! Thanks Rob for letting me remember that!

(The Gettaway Car)

(The La Quinta Spa)
(No spa is complete without Cucumbers)
(Sisters soaking up the sun by the pool)
(Enjoying the Bell Boys golf cart, it was too hot to walk) (When do I ever get to stay in bed and
read People magazine in bed till 10 AM?)

23 comments:
It is all about you girl. Great song! Soooo much fun. Especially the Kareoke.
Hugs
I am jealous. Enough about me...
What a FUN trip!! Girl weekends are the BEST!!!
Can you say rejuvenation???? LOVED our trip--so fun. We'll have to make it a yearly tradition!
you are so beautiful. honestly. if i could trade lives with anyone, i think it would be you.
Rachel, it's always been all about you! I'm SO kidding! That was the cutest post. But all of your posts are the cutest. Perfect song. What a great trip! I'm so glad you took advantage of the opportunity. I want to come hang out w/ you!
I so need something like this too! I am so jealous! So glad that you got to go and have fun like that! Every mom needs something like this every once in a while!
Now that your cup is full you'll be an even better mom.
Trying not to be jealous. Not working.
I want to go next time!!
I want to go back!!!
Sometimes you just need a couple days like that. No where to be, no one to cater too, no time to get up, NOTHING. But then always nice to go home sweet home. Glad you had fun.
Ohhhhhhhhhh! I am so happy for you!!!!!! So FUN!
I always giggle at how your music matches the post. You are talented, girl! You even found one for you sewing machine post! Brilliant!
We missed you and glad to have you home. I could hang with any of those except the chex mix in bed. Go ahead and keep that as a girls weekend tradition.
Palm Springs, that's my stopping ground! Perfect time of year to go. Sounds like you had a fan-tabulous time.
Oh gag...and your husband says the perfect thing....
Cucumbers,with me you would then be spending your perfect weekend in the hospital praying that I would survive. No spas for me!!!
You're SO HOT in all those pictures! tee hee.
And please tell Bears eats beets that yes, I am getting my oil checked.
What an excellent weekend. Good for you!
Now that's a little slice of heaven on earth!
I so took La Quinta for granted when I llived there! It looks like you guys had so much fun!
I need me one of these.
Can I just say I love you, and your blog, and all of your pictures. They make me happy.
I recently had a girls weekend, but 'Palm Springs' wasn't in any of what we did. Bummer. One of these days I'm going to have a girls weekend that's actually at a resort or something. That looks like TOO much fun!
I haven't had breakfast in bed in years and I think I deserve it.
Way to make me feel even sadder for not being able to go! :) Kidding. Next time.
I know this is your blog life, but I feel like you have more fun than anyone I know.
I need to move myself down into your neighborhood!!
Post a Comment