We had a great summer vacation! We did too much and I did not have enough time to write about some of our activities. Now I am feeling a little guilty, this blog is supposed to be my journal. I want to be able to show my kids proof that we did have these fun times!
Strawberry Smoothies, Strawberry Short-cake, Strawberry Jam, Strawberry Pancakes, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Homemade
Strawberry Ice-cream or how about just a plain old strawberry? Our house was
filled with strawberries. When you have 8 very eager hands willing to pick the juiciest, biggest ones, it's very easy to get carried away with how much you pick. At the beginning of the summer we went with the Weenig family to the
U-Pick Strawberry Stand in Carlsbad and picked to our hearts content. I think the kids enjoyed throwing the strawberries that were on the
ground more. They got in a few strawberry Wars and ended up
with splattered shirts. It was also very tempting not to taste-test these yummy fruits, we may have snuck in a few bites. I think the kids did a great
job searching for the perfect strawberry. It did not take long to fill up our bucket. We are looking forward to eating Strawberries for a very long time!

17 comments:
And you didn't share? I would have taken some jam off your hands...
pure HEAVEN for Connor. He love love loves berries!
You guys are always doing such fun things.
Hey, it cut off the beginning of my sentence.
It said:
That would have been...
Oh I love strawberries! Picking your own would be so fun!
Jam??? where's mine? YUM! What fun--did you just go to the carlsbad field by LegoLand?
mmmm! Yummy! That sounds like such a fun date idea. I wish they had a strawberry field in Utah. How fun!!! Mmm... now i'm craving some strawberry jam!
YUM, YUM, YUM! Serious strawberry lovers, here. Your girls look so cute in their matching outfits!!
This is the one summertime tradition that our family skipped this year...my kids are very upset. I'll have to take them apple-picking next month!
Homemade strawberry jam is my fave.
looks like a berry fun day!
None of my strawberries lasted past 3:00! My kiddos are piggies.
You've been tagged sister.
Love Ya (Don't hate me)
Read my blog right now!
But, what did you do with all of those strawberries. Hee heee, just kiddin' ;)
Yum!!! Picking my own fruit is one of my most favorite things.
And strawberry stains all over. Delicious!
We love strawberries. My kids would love to pick them. We r planing to do the u-pick cherries this year.
I need your helpers for strawberry picking. Mine were kind of lame.
I wish there was a strawberry stand like that by ME! I would be there in a heartbeat. Buying them just ain't the same.
I hope you made some delish jam out of those babies.
YUM!
Post a Comment