Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Making Memories"

It's so good to be home. I am so tired but, I can't complain and say I need a vacation from my vacation (my hubby would have no sympathy after being a single father to the kids for 7 days!) I must add that he did a fantastic job, the kids are alive and happy! My friend even commented that my girl's hair looked perfect on Sunday. Thanks to Madison, she even curled Payton's hair with a curling iron! When I got picked up from the airport the car was filled with "I Missed Mommy" signs. I am so glad that they missed me.

This weekend was a whirl wind of Fun! It started off with Wedding Shopping with Lauren and Jeni. She picked out an absolutely beautiful dress that makes her look stunning. My favorite part was going to "Dressed in White" to pick out her Temple dress and to the Distribution Center to get all her necessary Temple items and Packet. Jeni and I were a mess when the sweet lady working there measured her and explained all the things she would need. I can't believe our Lauren is going through the Temple and getting married. It was an experience I can't wait to do with my own daughters. I was so grateful to be a part of this memorable day. We also got to take Heather to breakfast for her birthday and have an impromptu blog party! After the weekend, I stayed with Heather and Brad and spent some much needed quality time with them, my nieces and nephews, Mom-in-law, Anne and Jason!
Then by Tuesday my Women's Conference girls stole me away for some more fun, shopping and definitely more eating! This was our fourth year going together. And like always we never get enough sleep, we stay up too late laughing and talking into the wee hours of the morning. We also eat too many Mint-Brownies, 3 in a day is not too good for the waist line. The Conference once again did not disappoint. I came home feeling refreshed, re-energized, inspired, uplifted and ready to be the best mom and wife I can be! I especially felt empowered to be a women, wife and mother after listening to Sheri Dew speak. And I felt so lucky to see and hear in person our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson. He always knows what to say to touch my heart and spirit in a loving, humorous way. I was laughing and crying all at the same time.
The hi-light of the trip was Blogapalooza! I love that a computer has brought a bunch of talented, incredible, funny women together. Blogging has strengthened old friendships and formed new ones. Thanks to all you girls who organized it!!! (Celia, Paige, Jessica & Denae, also Laurie for the Directory) It was perfect.
A week is a long time to be away from your family, I actually got homesick and looked forward to returning to my sweeties! But don't get me wrong, I already got my calendar marked for April 30-May 1, 2009. I am counting the days till next Women's Conference and Blogapalooza! I can't wait to make some new memories!







26 comments:

Hollyween said...

Perfect. Post. I love the picture with the veils. So cute! I wish I could have gotten to meet Jeni in person. She seems absolutely amazing!

I hope I can actually ATTEND women's conference next year. It was an impossibility with the nursing baby and all. Can you believe that I actually LIVE here and that I've never been? Pathetic!

Ashley Clark said...

My mouth is watering looking at those mint brownies! So glad you had a good time. You deserve it!!

Heather said...

Greatest week!!

Next year let's sneak Rob in.

Heather said...

Oh, you forgot to mention the Sunday night feeding frenzy with the chocolate covered jo's.

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

What a fun week! Looks like so much fun! Maybe next year....maybe not with a baby!

Kim Walus said...

Rachel, it was so fun to meet you and hang out with you, Jeni, and Shauna at Cafe Rio on Friday night before Lauren drove down from Idaho. I really wished I could've come on Saturday but I had a Stake R.S. meeting that I had previously agreed to help with.

I'm happy that you had a great week. I wanted to come to Blogapalooza but would've felt too much like an outsider. I'm still kinda new at blogging and the only women I know are Jeni, Celia and now you. It sounds like you met a lot of wonderful women!!! Maybe, I can come next year! That would be fun!

Lauren said...

aw rach i love you and am SO glad that you and my mom could both come for the weekend to share that experience with me, it really meant so much to me. I'm so excited for you to meet him!!

and Michelle looks SO skinny, i can way see it in her face. tell her how good i think she looks!!

Annemarie said...

Girl, you are a party in a box! It was so fun to meet you. I am a little jealous that you got a whole week to play...I milked every last minute of my being 45 min away from home for 3 days!!

brooke said...

Looks like you had such an awesome trip! It's always nice to get away and to come back!

Paige said...

I heard you had on an even cuter coat on Friday. Sorry I missed it. It was so fun to hang with you.

Jenibelle said...

Did you have to pick the veil picture??? Although that's the only one I don't look like oompa loompa in!!

The next three months are going to be great aren't they? I feel blessed I get to share them with you! Missed you SO much at Women's Conference, I think I have my sisters talked into making that our weekend next year!!

Woohoooooooo!!!

Jenibelle said...

And we are NOT sneaking Rob in, a man who can't spell BEETS doesn't deserve to go!

Tristan said...

How fun!! You were so much fun to talk with! You have a fun energy and a great smile! ;)

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. way to pack it all in one post! impressive.
i had so much fun with your crazy little family. i meant it when you guys showed up and i said NOW WE BOUT TO START A PARTY UP IN HERE.
i knew you guys would not disappoint.

crystal said...

Welcome Home! What a fun week--I'll catch you next year @ Blogapalooza. I had to laugh at the mint brownie picture--heehee. I love that your jacket matches your blog background.

The Jeffs Family said...

What a fun trip--I heard you had a great time with Lauren. I can't wait to see the dress! Next year eat a mint brownie for me--those and the BYU chocolate milk are my favorites!

Kimberly said...

It was so fun to meet you at BP! Next time I am in SD I am definitely heading for sprinkles after all your endorsements!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Rachel, Looks like a fabulous trip. I have only been to Women's conference once and loved every moment of it. I really need to try to go next year. Way to go Rob with with 3 kids for 7 days. And Rachel, I totally know what you mean needing a vacation from your vacation. That's how I feel every time too. have fun catching up on life!

Matt & Brooke said...

I can't believe you had BYU mint brownies....my mouth is watering right now! Those are the BEST, I tried to get my brother to stash some in his back when he came back from school a couple weeks ago, but no luck!!! What a fun trip you had!

Lauren in GA said...

I loved all of the pictures! Glad you had such an amazing week and came home ready and refreshed :)


That is so neat that you get to be there for Lauren and Jeni.


I hope I get to go next year..I would LOVE To meet you!

Erin said...

Ah, love the picture of sweet little Lo Lo! I can't believe she's getting married! I was her babysitter growing up and I guess you could say Jeni is my Rachel (you). :) How great you were able to be there for dress day! I guess I'll see you at the wedding! :)

P.S. Blogapalooza looked like a blast as well.

diane said...

I could use a mint brownie now! My email is diane.naylor@hotmail.com
We have to plan our lunch!

D-dawg said...

Rachel, it was so fun to meet you!! Maybe next year we'll sit at the same table and get to talk a little more. I missed out on really talking with a few people but it was such a blast, I'm glad you came!

queenieweenie said...

Memories...thanks for some more great ones!!! Love you.

Jake said...

Girl! You are spunky! I loved meeting you and finally figuring out all your family connections...you guys seem like you always have a lot of fun. See ya next year!

Hannah said...

That looks like so much fun! I am jealous of all you who were able to meet each other!