Friday, May 23, 2008

"Bread from heaven"

At our dinner stop at Tommy's Burgers during our Road Trip to Utah Payton kept playing with her food, not eating it. She was fascinated with her bun from her hot dog. She kept putting it up in the air and letting it go to land back into her hands. After a few more times of this, I asked her why she was doing this. She said, "Momma, don't you think this bun looks like the bread from Heaven?" "What", I was so confused (Rob almost choked on his food, he couldn't suppress his laughter). I had her explain more, "Don't you remember in that movie when Heavenly Father threw down the bread to the people." I finally got it...MANNA! The kids had been watching the Living Scripture DVD titled: "Bread From Heaven" last Sunday. Now I understood why she kept dropping the hot dog bun from the air! When we got home from the trip, we pulled out the DVD case. Sure enough, the bread on the cover looked exactly the same as the Tommy's Bun (Payton has such a good eye for detail). I am glad at least she is getting something from those overpriced but, loved Living Scriptures DVDs. But, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a Tommy's Hot Dog Bun the same way again!

22 comments:

Connie said...

Funny what makes an impression on kids.

Lisa-Marie said...

I guess I better quit ignoring the Living Scriptures guy every year at the fair. Apparently they really do work!!!

That is just so cute!!!

Jill said...

That's awesome! I have those DVD's piled up in their packages still...I should open them up!!!!! They are great for the kids.

Annemarie said...

That really is cute. And we really NEED to invest in those DVD's.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Ok, you and my husband are suckers! First the Kirby, now the Living Scriptures! You two think alike, or at least you two can't say no.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Except, I don't have a kirby - I just had to endure the demonstration without the payoff of actually owning one when it was finished.

♥Shally said...

So cute!

We love the living scriptures-- I swear we learn as much as the kids do watching it!!

Heather said...

aaaaawwwwwwwwww!

So cute!

Audry said...

That is so funny, but it is so something my little boy would catch. I love it.

queenieweenie said...

Classic Payton :)

diane said...

Ok, so when are we going to lunch?! We should go before the kids get out of school!
Love the heavenly bread!

Jake said...

She is SOOOO spiritual! I am impressed.

heidiram said...

Announcement . . . announcement . . . announcement. If anyone wants any Living Scriptures at a very good price . . . please let me know. I have been meaning to E-Bay them. I've got several still in the plastic wrap. My kids never got into them. Rebels.

Jake said...

p.s. My husband sold Living Scriptures the summer we were engaged. I know every song by heart!

Hazen5 said...

Amy, I can't say no, it's my biggest downfall!

Diane, Lunch next week!!!

Lauren in GA said...

Such a cute story! I agree! I blew up the picture of her holding the DVD and it does look a lot like the loaves on the DVD cover! She does have an eye for detail!

great job always being ready with the camera!

I want more of those DVDs now!

Jenna Harris said...

That is so funny! Now I'm going to steal the LS from my mom's house. I think my kids will like it.

After spending all the $$$ for every single one, my mom decided they were evil. But they can't be worse than VegieTales can they?

diane said...

I can do Tues. Wed. or Th. Pick a day and time and let me know!

weeze or Alissa said...

My kids love that DVD. they have watch it so much, they can imitate all the voices, the bakers, the boy, the old men who want to fight the boy, it's actually quite commicial.

weeze

and see, they do remember the things they watch!

Tristan said...

She is so cute! That is totally funny! Good eye!

Michele said...

I never laughed so hard. I can just picture Pay Pay acting out the scene. The little Diva!

Kim Walus said...

I loved it! Aren't kids great? You have some darling keepers!