Monday, May 26, 2008

"Who Saw Indiana Jones This Weekend?"

Yes, we took part in making Indiana Jones a box office smash earning $126M in it's opening weekend. We have been looking forward to this movie for a long time. It was a great way to spend a Memorial Day. Usually we go to the beach and go to a B-B-Q but, the weather has been so bad lately. We went with a few other families and had a blast. We hit the earliest movie and thanks to Matt and Uale for saving about 25 seats, we beat the holiday crowds. The best part was Uncle Chad dressing up like Indiana Jones, everyone had to take a picture with his "Indie Hat"! The movie was action packed and Harrison Ford was as good as ever (all us ladies have a crush on him). Yesterday, we had movie night and watched "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" to prepare the kids for the new movie. I am glad the kids enjoyed it as much as we did when we were younger.

19 comments:

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Not us 'cause you didn't invite us to come with you! Kidding. Sort of. :)

Annemarie said...

FUN DAY!

AnnEE said...

We went to Narnia on Saturday night.

LOVED IT. I like, cried the whole time- it's a very emotional movie. But maybe I'm weird??

♥Shally said...

Sadly, with 4 kids five and under and no family near by, we NEVER see movies!!! Someday...

Unknown said...

Jer took the big boys today and I was THIS CLOSE to coming with them with the the baby because Chase is a really mellow and quiet baby, but then I thought I would give everyone a break in the theater just in case he DID cry and we stayed home. I wish I could have been there :(
Seems like fun what you guys did!

Tristan said...

I went with my Hubby, and my Dad. My mom watched the girls. It was SOOO fun! I loved the movie! I only wish it didn't go so Sci-Fi at the end...but that is Spielberg right?

Nortorious said...

Saw it, loved it.

Ashley Clark said...

I haven't seen Indie yet, but I plan to. How many people take pictures at the movies? You guys are too cute!

Hazen5 said...

Tristan, I agree! Hated the Sci-Fi story too. It would have been a perfect movie without it!!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

you're only a REAL fan if you go rip someone's beating heart out after the movie.
so, didya?

Phil said...

I can't wait to see it!!! I love a good old fashioned adventure movie and Harrison Ford definitely still has "it". :) What a great way to spend the weekend!

Erin said...

whoops, that last comment was me. I was signed in as my hubby. :)

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! Eventually I'll get out to see it! :)

Michele said...

Fun Day! Love the fish face photo. I look like I've been staring into the eyes of the crystal skull for too long.

diane said...

Indie is a babe!

heidiram said...

LUCKY! I tried to convince Tino that we really needed to see Indiana Jones. But, I lost . . . and had to go see IronMan instead. Not a big fan of Marvel comic stuff. I wish I could have seen Indiana Jones instead.

Kim Walus said...

Narnia and Indiana Jones were sold out at the times we wanted to go so I missed it! :(

But, I did get to go quilt shop hopping with my friend (lots of great deals). The boys went golfing, Kenna went ice skating with her cousins and Ariel was on a date at the zoo. It was a different kind of memorial day for us.

queenieweenie said...

kissy, kissy! thanks for another fun day :)

Lauren in GA said...

Uncle Chad is so cool! I love that he dressed up!

R.J. looks great in the hat!