Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Slimy Paige Nibus"

For a while now Payton has been asking for a pet. R.J. takes care of Colby (the dog) and Madison takes care of Misty (the cat), she told me she feels left out. So, she took matters into her own hands. She became the proud owner of Slimy Paige Nibus, a snail that she found in the front yard. (She named him all by herself) She has been taking great care of her snail, she's actually obsessed. She'll take him outside for some sunshine and a little "walk". Which according to her leads to a game of chase, Slimy chases her finger around. If Slimy is really lucky he'll get a small cup of water poured on him to keep him from drying out. We are constantly washing her hands and telling her to keep Slimy in his cage when they are in the house. I just can't believe this snail has lasted so long. I keep thinking, he can't make it through another night eating just grass, what do snails eat anyways? So, while I was at Women's Conference, Rob had enough of Payton lovingly torturing poor slimy. He upgraded her pet to a fish! She named him Pond. So, Slimy had a happy ending after all, he was let go back to the front yard. But, she says Slimy comes to visit her every morning and she pets her. I am just grateful that snails look alike!

23 comments:

Annemarie said...

OH, I have a snail lover at my house, too. You'll have to check my blog tomorrow to see just how out of control he got with those slimey little critters. Your daughter is sooooo cute!

Jenibelle said...

I used to pay my boys a dime apiece to run over them with bikes. Don't tell Pay-pay. They'd be like super detectives out there hunting the snails down...anything to earn a buck.

Hollyween said...

VERY cute pics of the snail lover. I have a sister who ran away from one of those because it was 'talking' to her. She said she saw it's mouth moving.

Heather said...

A fish? Now that's MY kind of pet!!!

Ashley Clark said...

Aren't little girls supposedly to play with sugar and spice and everything nice?

Hannah said...

I liked snails when I was little too. I grew out of that...

Audry said...

That is so cute and funny. Madisen had a fish when she was little and she named it Bubbles. It lived for 3 years. She still asks for another one but I've told her Buzz(our dog) is good enough for now.

heidiram said...

A snail??? Is this the same girl that has an aversion to lizards? I haven't seen a snail in years. Maybe it's too hot and humid for them here. My kids just love torturing the lizards.

the wrath of khandrea said...

she is definitely creative. good luck with the fish. can't wait for the flushing post. may he rest in peace in advance.

Hazen5 said...

Jeni, Lauren taught R.J. and Maddie to pour salt on them to see them bubble up. She was so naughty! Payton was too young to participate or remember, good thing!

queenieweenie said...

She is SO you! Loving everything.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

That is the funniest story. I can't believe she even holds Slimy. I'm thinking Pond needs a bigger pond.

Kim Walus said...

That is so funny! I love the pictures too! I can tell Peyton is delightfully fun and creative!

Kim Walus said...

I'm sorry I spelled her name wrong. It's Payton not Peyton. She's darling!

amanda said...

i am laughing out loud right now! it is a good thing that snails look alike, my girls were looking at one the other day before we left for school in the driveway, when we pulled back in later that day they the "snail" was flat as a pancake, i told them it was a different one...they took the bait! xo amanda

Carrie said...

I am so glad Rob upgraded to a fish. I hate it when Bruce and beau play with Snails. One always seems to pee on Bruce. They are so slimy and stinky! It is really cute that she takes such good care of her pets though!!

The Jeffs Family said...

Payton could be Parker's friend any day! He loved his snail and was sad to find it dried out after it played on the playground he made of super salty playdough. Good luck with the fish--our Beta, Bernie Mac, is going on strong. He is over 2 years old now!

Lauren said...

HAHA!! i'm so sorry i taught your kids that rach. I didn't realize one of them would one day have such a love for snails!! GROSS! i still love pay pay but she can't bring her snail friend to my wedding!!

Tristan said...

That is cute! Although I don't think I could handle the snail...I wouldn't let my daughter keep it. (I can't handle bugs or anything like that!) Thank goodness for the fish!

heidiram said...

I'm patiently awaiting your pics from Utah. Dad said you were the photographer and nobody really picked up their cameras since you were around. Pictures please!!! :0)

brooke said...

LOL...I love Payton. She never ceases to crack me up with all her little isms.

Nortorious said...

Paige will be so flattered! She already has a dog named after her. Piper Paige.

Lauren in GA said...

I love how you said that she got, "upgraded" to a fish!

And that you are grateful that all snails look alike :)


I love what she named her snail and fishy :)