Just a little history for you~
Cinco De Mayo: This holiday commemorates the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over the French Forces. The outnumbered Mexican defeated the better equipped French Army that had not been defeated in over fifty years!
A common misconception in the United States is that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day.
Which is actually September 16th.
In other words for this Mexican, it is an excuse to eat
"Mexican Food" and boast her Mexican Heritage!
We took the easy way out to celebrate, we ate Fish Tacos
at Rubio's (I hope my Grandmother, Isidra doesn't turn over in her grave for not making anything homemade!) But, Payton did wear her traditional Senorita dress to
show her pride (I couldn't talk Madison into wearing hers!) She was given a lot of comments on how cute she looked. Then we ended the night playing "Mexican Train" dominoes. I love theme nights, my family is just lucky I didn't force them to wear Sombreros!

15 comments:
Madison couldn't wear hers because she was too busy sporting that darling scarf. What a doll!!! Very fashionable Madison!
And Payton....oh my goodness!!!!!
Is Maddie growing up and asserting her own independance?
Hate that.
We had fish tacos yesterday too . . . with homemade mango salsa. We don't have Mexican food here so we have to actually cook Mexican food. In FL Taco Bell is considered high quality Mexican food. As if . . .
Your tiny Senorita is adorable. Love some good mexican food. I had taquitos with guacamole.
Cool! I LOVE Mexican food. It's a good thing my husband served his mission in Mexico, because now he has the same love of it that I do.
Thank you very much for the lesson on Cinco De Mayo. I hate to admit this but I didn't know it was because a victory over the French.
Payton looks fantastic!
She looks adorable...so worth the time we spent haggling for the outfits in Puerto Vallarta (is that where we were?) while Rob rolled is eyes. Good times. Good times.
We are MexiCan not MexiCan't!
Pay looked adorable in her outfit.
I agree with Aunt Michele, I Chihuahua!
No wonder I missed you. I was waiting (with my sombrero) at Mr. Taco's. I thought that was the only place to eat in San Marcos. Maybe next year!
Grandpa
Grandpa,
Tuesday is Dollar Fish Taco night at Rubios!
We'll save Mr. Taco for you.
She looks adorable!
You are too cute! I miss you! I'm totally planning a trip to San Diego as soon as it is possible!
Dang I miss me the good Mexican food of California. We got nothin' here.
Everyone loves a good theme night.
Heck, everyone loves any sort of night that involves Mexican food.
Thanks for the history lesson. Could Payton be any cuter?
Post a Comment