Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"SEES 5th Grade Student of the Year"


We got a phone call from the Principal calling about Madison (it scared me to death).  It was not "That" kind of  call, it was the "Good" kind of call that every parent wants to receive.  She informed me that I would be getting a letter in the mail announcing that Madison was chosen to be San Elijo's 5th Grade Student of the 2008-2009 School Year.  She said that each 5th grade teacher chose a student from their class to be nominated, then the teachers get together for a meeting to discuss the nominations.  

Each teacher then  campaigns for their student and then they 
vote on which child they want to represent the 5th 
grade.  Our Madison was chosen!  She was honored at an awards assembly put on by the Chamber of Commerce.  The Mayor of San Marcos was there to present the children their medals.  As the children went on stage to accept their awards, someone read about the qualities and the accomplishments of that  student.  I loved what they said about 
Madison, "She doesn't ever seek the lime-light but, she has a light that follows her where ever she goes.  She is always 
shinning and stands out amongst her peers." They described Madison perfectly!  We are very proud of our girl and hopes she continues to be that light!

22 comments:

Lauren said...

way to go madison!! that is such an awesome award to get...i am SO PROUD of you!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

mika will probably want to read this post.

Michele said...

Awesome job Madison! We are all so proud of you. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to all of the cousins. We love and adore you!
Aunt Michele

Karyn Parry said...

That is so great! Congratulations Madison. What a great way for Madison to be recognized. Years ago Mackynzie received the same or similar award from La Costa Meadows in 5th grade. They held the event in the theater room at Dove Library. It was fun for the kids to meet the Mayor and receive gifts. What a fun experience. I am so proud of Madison. I can't believe our little ones Rachel are getting so old. Get prepared because it seemed like yesterday that it was Mack and look at her today DRIVING. Where does the time go?

Kim Walus said...

Rob & Rachel,
Savor the moment and what a special moment it is!! I testify that they do grow up tooooooo FAST!!!

Madison, Congratulations on being an example and light to those around you. You are definitely following the Savior and it shows. Continue to be an example to your peers. Heavenly Father is as proud of you as your family is.

grammy said...

Darling girl you rock. You are growing up too fast,and SMART SMART SMART. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. WE love you.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am really proud of you!!!!!! I hope you enjoy the rest of the year and your next year in Middle school.

Tristan said...

She is just beautiful! That is such an awesome achievement! I know she gets it from her Mom!

Matt & Brooke said...

That's AWESOME!!! go madison. How are YOU??? Please let me know if you need anything! I've got VT covered!!!

queenieweenie said...

Go Madie Go!!!

What a super girl you are-we are so lucky to know you.

diane said...

Don't you love it when other people see what you see in your child. Keep on shining

Jenibelle said...

Does Maddie have HEELS on? NO! NO! Stop growing Maddie girl!

I love you and am so proud of you!

Jenibelle said...

Oh and by the title I thought See's candy had given her an award. I was seeing all kinds of yummy chocolate involved. Oh well, I guess the mayor is less fattening............

Hazen5 said...

Oh Jeni, I only wish See's Candy gave her the award. I am so craving Chocolate!

SEES- the initials of her school

Papa Nacho said...

Maddie

What a great award! We are so proud of you. Just think ... they didn't even mention that you whomp your Grandpa at Phase 10 or else they would have to come up with an even bigger award!

Keep up the good work and thank you for being an example to all those who look up to you.

I know what it is like to be a parent and have good things said about your children. Your Mom and Dad have every reason to be proud of all of you kids!

Love you

Grandpa

Jake said...

Congrats! I also thought it meant See's chocolates. My mind always thinks food...

Lisa-Marie said...

Wow! What a beautiful compliment about a beautiful girl. Way to go Madison.

And way to go Rachel and rob. You guys really ought to write a book about being amazing parents.

Ilene said...

Ah, you need to cross stich those words about your daughter on a pillow and stick it in her room.

What an incredible compliment. I couldn't think of a better way to be described.

Congrats to Madison and you as well!

Jessica said...

I haven't been over to Gab yet, but it better be a detailed explanation about how you get such accomplished kids!

misschatterbox said...

Thank you! I was pretty surprised that I got that award. I guess it pays off to never talk that much, especially during class.

Audry said...

What a great honor. I'm sure it makes you proud. How wonderful.

Lauren in GA said...

Congratulations to your beautiful, wonderful Madison!! Such an incredible honor!!