This past Women's Conference marked the 6th year that our group of friends have been attending the conference together. We pack about 10 of us girls into my sister Michele's three bedroom condo.
We are squished and some how
we
are all able to get ready in time sharing two bathrooms. But, we wouldn't have it any other way. We always find
ourselves cramped into the master bedroom, all lying on the beds and air mattresses, sharing stories,
advice and having mini-therapy sessions way
into the wee hours of the morning. This year we laughed too hard and too loud and got a "Thump-Thump" o
n the wall, from the neighbor warning
us we were getting a little to rowdy! This year we did something new, Allison had a great idea to add "Bling" to our WC name tags. So, Michele, Allison and I decorated them for all the girls. We wanted them to stand out.
Another hi-light of my trip was going to dinner at my SIL Heather's house. There I got to catch up with some blogging friends, who I wish
I got to visit in person more often! I appreciate this time away to attend Conference. Not only do I Shop,
eat at great restaurants, go to movies, spend time with friends but, I truly feel this
is where my
testimony grows as a women,
mother and wife. When I return home I feel renewed and uplifted and ready to integrate what I learned into my family's and my life.

18 comments:
Your blingy badges were my favorite!
I loved getting together with y'all. Good times!
I want a cute name tag next year. I'm totally copying you. It was fun to hang out. Let's do it again soon. Maybe this week or next?
Sooo fun! I love Women's Conference.
Our badges were adorable. You know I love the "Bling."
So glad you had such a great time. That is funny you got told by the neighbors to keep it down. You wild women, you.
I want a nametag only I don't think I'll be going to Women's Conference :)
It was seriously so fun to hang out! I can't wait til the next time!
As usual...we had the BEST time! I'm already looking forward to next year. I can't believe we've been going for six years...good times...good times.
I LOVE those badges! You guys always know how to have fun! Glad you had a great time!
Missed you. Wish we could have gotten together. Let us know...promise we wouldn't be too hard to get along with. Glad that you had a great time. You are blessed to be able to pick up and go and have the finances to do it as well. That is so great. Would love to have some time to say hello to the whole family. Thanks for making the comments about Garrett's art. We are praying that he can get a big break...we need to save for his retirement. After we are gone, he is going to need something to help him take care of himself. Thanks for writing. Loves!
April
sniff sniff....sorry I couldn't join you girls again!!!! I miss you so much!
Kimmie,
You better put on your calendar right now next years women's conf. because you are going!!!
Your blog won't let me comment!
Badges with bling. I can see your new business now. Just set up shop next year outside of the Marriott Center. We'll all be buyin'.
I'm glad you know to wear flowers on your badges and not in your hair. Otherwise you would have ended up on Diane's blog.
Girlfriend time is the best. I'm glad I got to share a bit of it with you!
I would have gone just for the nametags.
I've never been to one of those Women's conferences before. Never been close to Utah before now, and now I;m very close. I guess if I had a group of peeps to go with, it'd be fun!
And be careful when you vaccum. Listen for that rock sound and check your bag.
love the name tags. Sounds like fun.
Yeah, the bling nametags would sell like hotcakes. You got yourself a business idea.
Sounds like a fabulous time!
How fun! I always think about going but then never am able to make it happen. Maybe I'll make a goal of it for next time.
It was a great year! I loved the classes and the laughing together!
Post a Comment