Sunday, January 13, 2008

"It's That Time Again, Basketball Season!"

I love basketball season! It is R.J.'s fifth year playing in the league. He is playing in the 5th-6th grade division, good thing he is tall so he can hang with the big boys! He is starting to get use to his lanky, big body. He is using it aggressively and defensively it to his benefit (but, watch those elbows R.J.). The one thing that I don't like about basketball is the schedule. It always seems we have a game right at dinner time! My poor family's eating habits really suffer. The kids love it, hot dogs, nachos, candy, all the "delicious" snack bar food becomes their dinner of choice. And Rob and I are so bad because we keep feeding Payton dollar bills to get "more snacks" to keep her busy so we can watch R.J. in the game! I am glad it's only a Season, my kids with be "junk food junkies" for only a short time! I promise!!

10 comments:

SFGiantsDude said...

Hey! I only use my elbows when I need them or if they use them first.

AnnEE said...

RJ, You should join water polo, because then you can do really sneaky things like grow your toe nails out long to scratch the heck out of your opponents. What the refs don't see can't hurt them, right?

shayla said...

RJ looks like he's really agile and has some great moves too..what an athlete! Love your new blog design.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

No water polo. Not big on the banana hammocks.

Ashley Clark said...

Anne, you're evil!

Erin said...

Hey Rachel, Glad you found my blog. It's fun to see your family and catch up! I actually stumbled across you guys through a link on someones blog a while ago, but didn't comment. I'm bad like that. :)

Heather said...

Nobody is going to comment about the banana hammocks?1!

Rob that was HilARiouso. muy.

queenieweenie said...

Their "dinner of champions" just goes with mama's former "breakfast of champions"!

Celia Fae said...

I love your new look, and my, what a fabulous collage you made.

Yeah, those kids look pretty sad to be eating all of that junk food. If you bring carrots, it counts as dinner.

brooke said...

I saw some serious muscle on his arms in one of those pictures! He's growing so much! How tall IS he? Your blog is totally cute!